Shadowrun Kickstarter Successful, Raises $1.8 Million

Status
Not open for further replies.

zaznet

Distinguished
May 10, 2010
[citation][nom]cobra5000[/nom]Yet, no link to said project? Sad really.[/citation]

Always bothers me when news articles provide no external links to what they are talking about.

Parrdacc

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2008
well nice and all, but have seen and, after watching the video on the link posted by Travis Beane, heard the same thing before in bringing back some of the old games and nothing ever happens. While I am hopeful. I am also more cautious due to previous let downs.

zaznet

Distinguished
May 10, 2010
[citation][nom]Parrdacc[/nom]*snip* While I am hopeful. I am also more cautious due to previous let downs.[/citation]

I'm a bit more hopeful as I put some of my money behind this Kickstarter project (and others). I'm really hopeful the Kickstarter method can bring many games to the market while bypassing the entrenched game studios. Of course they can still run into production shortfalls where they have to ship the game before money runs out. They need to do a good job of projecting their expenses relative to the finite funding they receive or Kickstarter will backfire on us.

Northwestern

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2011
[citation][nom]Travis Beane[/nom]http://www.kickstarter.com/project [...] un-returnsSomething I should have dropped $15 on. Guess I'll just have to buy it when it's officially released then.That is, assuming they're not in Haiti sipping margaritas already with suitcases full of money. it's what I would probably do...[/citation]
Lies.

Haiti is still recovering from the earthquake.

CaedenV

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2011
[citation][nom]northwestern[/nom]Lies.Haiti is still recovering from the earthquake.[/citation]
And what better way to fund their recovery efforts than to sit on a beach and sip on martinis?

mayne92

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
[citation][nom]zaznet[/nom]Always bothers me when news articles provide no external links to what they are talking about.[/citation]
I second that...

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
i love the idea behind shadowrun, I hope they get to do it right. I also liked how they acknowledged the suck of the 1st person shooter shadowrun. hope it turns out right.

kickstarter is an awesome thing to do, but its also your doom idyou dont do things right. if they let the community and the investors(donors) down with this project, I can bet theyll never make a game again.

skit75

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2008
Best news I've heard in a long time! I have ranted on this subject before and now that I know it will actually happen.... I fear the worst. The original was one of the best 2D games I've ever played be it the Sega or SNES version. I was more partial towards the Sega version though!

G

because tons of funding means a game will be good. oh wait, look at the old republic...

Status
Not open for further replies.