Sharing files from phone to laptop via bluetooth works, sharing from laptop to phone won`t!

andthenikissedher

Estimable
Apr 14, 2015
As i mentioned in the title, i paired them and if i share a file from laptop to phone, it works as it should. If i try to send a file (a pic, a song, you name it), from phone to laptop an error pop-up: can`t send, the device you`re trying to send to doesn`t support sharing over Bluetooth. My phone is a Lumia 530 and my laptop is a Toshiba Satellite l50-B which has Bluetooth 4.0 connectivity.
I use Windows 8.1 64-bit. I want to mention also that i didn`t install any drivers from Toshiba page.Until now Windows 8.1 has detected any of my connectivities without particular drivers (wireless network, ethernet, mobile network...). I have only the Intel HD Graphics driver, that`s all. What do you think, guys?

andthenikissedher

Estimable
Apr 14, 2015
Hi, Outlander... thanks for posting this! For those who face the same problem, right click the Bluetooth icon on the task bar and select "Receive a File", then send whatever you want from phone to laptop. It works this way. Just let the "Receive a File" open while you do that. Check the link Outlander posted.

andthenikissedher

Estimable
Apr 14, 2015
Hi! What windows do you use? Can you make a print of your bluetooth menu? My list of bluetooth options are in this order after i right click the icon: Add a bluetooth device/Allow a device to connect/Show bluetooth devices/Send a file/Receive a file/Join a personal area network/Open settings/Remove icon.