Sharp aquos lc52d82u power and OCP flash- no picture

daddy4some

Estimable
Dec 23, 2015
no picture or sound. Getting 3 power flashes and 1 OPC flash. Repeats

Sharp was no help. Hoping one of the "experts" here can

Solution
replacing a board doesn't really get you much as that doesn't check any wiring / connectors / connections. You need to measure voltages generated on the card... but if you are in "card replacement mode", then the next card would be the main board.... but there may be "things" you need to do to replace a main board (eg. firmware, others IDK).

budwich

Honorable
Oct 30, 2015
main board is "complaining". It might be the board or possibly poor voltage feeding it.... meaning an issue with the power supply with one of the voltages. You are going to solve this on the phone or on the internet, you either have to dig into the set yourself or get a tech to look at it.

daddy4some

Estimable
Dec 23, 2015

I had already tried a new power board with the same results. Does this mean the main board is the likely culprit ?

Thx

budwich

Honorable
Oct 30, 2015
replacing a board doesn't really get you much as that doesn't check any wiring / connectors / connections. You need to measure voltages generated on the card... but if you are in "card replacement mode", then the next card would be the main board.... but there may be "things" you need to do to replace a main board (eg. firmware, others IDK).

Solution

daddy4some

Estimable
Dec 23, 2015

I appreciate the advice. I wish I were more electrically adept to be able to test things (though I do have an ohmmeter - go figure !). But not knowing what or how to test, I'm at a loss.

If the main board card doesn't work I guess I will roll up my sleeves and get educated.

I do appreciate the advice.

budwich

Honorable
Oct 30, 2015
good luck. you are not alone in this area as most people and even the shops, would just rather do a board swap than try figure out what the problem might be. That's how lots of flat panels end up in the e-dump... :-(

Of course, time is money and so are boards. If you find a cheap main board (not withstanding what I mentioned about having to perhaps do other things to put in a different main board), then that might be a good route. However if you do try to investigate further then the repair forum over at badcaps.net is your best bet on getting thru to a successful outcome.