Question Sharp LC-50UA6500X Remote stopped working after led backlight replacement.

Sep 19, 2024
We own a Sharp LC-50UA6500X 50” smart 4k TV. And recently, started to notice vertical bands of shadows (looked like some backlight LED’s at the bottom were about to fail). And on one fine day, the TV went off with blinking red light on the bottom.

After doing some thorough search I came to know that the TV went into protection mode because some of its backlight LED’s at the bottom failed.

However, I manage to go into recovery mode and clear the lamp errors. However, I am doubtful that I managed to hard reset the TV while in recovery mode as it was taking lots of time so I had to switch it off in between and exit the recovery mode.

The TV remote has been working fine all this while. However we decided to get the LED backlight (on the bottom) of the TV changed. So we contacted the local mechanic. Who replaced the backlight and the TV finally turned on. However one can notice some green / yellow color tinge over all, he says that its due to the acrylic sheet getting burnt out.

However once the TV was fixed I was shocked to find out that the original remote of the TV was completely dead. The TV doesn’t power on or do anything with it original remote. I checked on the remote in the dark with my mobile camera and its giving out slight pulses of light from it IR LED when any button is pressed. Meaning that the sharp original remote seems to be working fine. The technician re-opened the TV back and re-seated the remote sensor connector cables but to no use.

What’s worse is I tried to configure that Amazon fire stick remote with the TV, however for the first time I failed. It didn’t recognize TV power off button when pressed on Amazon remote. So no function of the tv can be accessed like volume, power, home etc with the Amazon fire stick remote as I was not able to pair it successfully.

I have a certainty that the remote Infra Red Board on the TV is gone or is there seem to be some other issue in the motherboard?

Its very frustrating spending money on a broken TV to find out later that it cannot be used.

Would appreciate any help. Thanks.

Last edited: