Shhh. We Have A Product But It's A Mystery

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

2GB and 4GB iPhone nanos? They would be completely useless at these capacities. Apple surely would target customers like myself who have 8GB nanos, why would I then 'upgrade' to a 4GB device???

seboj

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2008
[citation][nom]Pei-chen[/nom]And the most interesting thing is; I don't actually care. Whatever Apple brings to the market, it'll be overpriced and under spec.ed.[/citation]

+1

seboj

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2008
[citation][nom]Pei-chen[/nom]And the most interesting thing is; I don't actually care. Whatever Apple brings to the market, it'll be overpriced and under spec.ed.[/citation]

+1

G

And no one cares that you don't care. "Wah, I can't stand that Apple is in the news, so I have to write disparaging posts about them on the Internet!"

Macs run OS X legally. That's the spec that matters.

G

Ok, I think everyone is barking up the wrong tree here.

I don't think it's a HARDWARE product. I think it's a SOFTWARE product.

I believe that Hell has frozen over, and in September Apple is going to release MacOS X as being available for the PC platform.

martel80

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2006
I believe that Hell has frozen over, and in September Apple is going to release MacOS X as being available for the PC platform.
And why would someone buy their overpriced "PC"s then? They can't rip off people properly on a cheap item.

igot1forya

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2008
No no no... Steve will announce his partnership with Microsoft and allow Windows Vista to install with Book Camp. Then Steve is going to announce his long standing fascination with gay men and publicize his coming out to the surprise of his friends family and fellow Mac [lovers]...

Hugs for everyone!

Mr_Man

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2008
I think LarryTB is right. Mac OS is what people love most about using a Mac. They love it far more than the simple white or black designs of the outside, but it will open a large, untapped market: people who like upgrading their computers and like the low-costness of PC's.

waffle911

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2007
Mac OSX will almost certainly never come to PC any time soon. The point of OSX is that Apple has complete control over the experience, and to do that they have to optimize the OS to work on specific hardware. Hardware variety leads to driver incompatibility, which is a major problem with Windows. Plus, Apple makes next to no profit on selling OSX; they sell it to recuperate the cost of developing it and developing the next one. That's the difference between MS and Apple, all of Apple's money comes from hardware sales and MS makes their money off of software.

waffle911

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2007
Mac OSX will almost certainly never come to PC any time soon. The point of OSX is that Apple has complete control over the experience, and to do that they have to optimize the OS to work on specific hardware. Hardware variety leads to driver incompatibility, which is a major problem with Windows. Plus, Apple makes next to no profit on selling OSX; they sell it to recuperate the cost of developing it and developing the next one. That's the difference between MS and Apple, all of Apple's money comes from hardware sales and MS makes their money off of software.

Status
Not open for further replies.