Shift keys just stopped working...no spilling, dropping Etc of my Toshiba laptop

RatedS57

Commendable
Jun 9, 2016
Again...shift keys just stopped working...no spilling, dropping Etc has happened to my Toshiba laptop...I don't even use it very much and when I am not using it....it is in a cabinet, covered up

Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that I suggest to others that may help.
- First is to uninstall/reinstall the keyboard driver.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the keyboard driver.
- Once uninstalled, reboot your laptop and it should reinstall the driver automatically.
- Do test it again after the reboot.
- If it will still not work connect an external USB keyboard and see if it will work or not.
- If you don't have a USB keyboard do try using the onscreen keyboard and see if it will work or not.
- If the onscreen keyboard or the USB keyboard will work that could mean that the problem is the built in keyboard.
- Before replacing it do check the ribbon cable that connects the keyboard to the motherboard.
- Also, do try reinstalling Windows and see if that will work or not.
- If all these will not work then replacing the keyboard would be the only option.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K Laptop Tech Support 0
D Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 3
H Laptop Tech Support 2
J Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 1
K Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 2
P Laptop Tech Support 1