Should I be worried?

FatheredPuma81

Honorable
Aug 18, 2013
After checking cache for civ 5 because of it crashes (black screen then close) Steam started downloading something for it. I saw my download speed go 200 KB/s 150 KB/s and knew looksl ike internet died. I went go Google Chrome and couldn't connect to the internet and computer was VERY slow. When I opened up task manager AvastSvc.exe (cpu) 99. I then restarted the service as I saw nothing happening (Avast showed nothing of what it was doing) and it got stuck at "Stopping (0)" so I logged off. When I logged back on my computer was still obviously slow and I stopped the service this time. I then looked at the Avast overview and saw "You're computer is running slugishly slow" I clicked on the thing and looked at what it said. It said 14 OS settings can be turned off and 2 unwanted addons along with 15.6 GB of dark(?) or something space. I then looked up what Grime????? was and found out that it has killed peoples computers/messing with things forcing a reformate of things. When I stopped the service my computer usage went from 50% to 20% because I was also running a MalwareBytes scan and my computer drastically increased in speed. I though there was something wrong with Avast so I uninstalled restarted my computer then reinstalled it. When I opened up Chrome everything worked fine but Avast said "Detected untrusted addons (or something like that)" and showed Managera and Extutil addons. I had NO idea what these were so I did their clean browser thing. It failed. I retried it. Failed again. Then when I went to google something it brought me to google.de instead of .com (I assumed it was because the VPN I was using as a trial for Avast but it wasn't) and when searching stuff about the extension/addon and how to remove it I got "managera extention trackid=sp-006" and at google.de.

Should I worry about this? I'm currently installing ad-aware and ran another malwarebytes scan and running a avast scan. I reset settings in Google chrome and this seems to have stopped it.

Also I don't know if this matters but a few hours earlier I went to nosteam.ro to download Europa Universalis 4 and play it (didn't install I didn't like how they gave me a .exe from dipositfiles and not a torrent for it) and see if I wanted to buy it etc. I got about 5-8 popups while their and closed all but one (which was a video) and that one covered my whole screen (was in the background for about 5 seconds and covered my task bar) and they said if you use adblock you get more popups.

Any ideas? I'm also having a storage problem where it seems my harddrive is missing about 200 GB of storage (i've used disctective or what ever its called and checked for harddrive partitions and couldn't find anything). I've been hovering around 680 GB out of my 2TB harddrive (before with all games installed on steam i had about 900 GB).

What I think happened to that 200 GB is when I had to reformate my main hardrive I brought 200 GB of my 500 GB Steam to another hardrive. When I got it back (copy and paste etc) it said all the games I deleted (not uninstalled deleted the folders) were still there. I uninstalled all of them and reinstalled some. I then a little later saw the same exact thing. All games were installed when they weren't so I uninstalled. I now have all my games installed again and no program can find out where my other 200 GB went to. I've checked recordings and all files it could be in.

Any ideas what I should do? I'm thinking of reinstalling my Windows 7 again but I don't have my friends disc and REALLY don't want to reinstall all of my games and things again.

Oh btw I turned off windows logs to try and make GTA 4 and Skyrim run faster and haven't turned it back on in about 2 weeks so :\.

FatheredPuma81

Honorable
Aug 18, 2013

And what about Managera and Extult showing up? I know those aren't "viruses" but are adware that I cannot remove.

Can someone with Avast do their browser clean up and tell me if it ads that trackid and auto searches for google.de?