Should I get a new Laptop?

watcher4677

Commendable
Nov 29, 2016
Hi there I currently have a Lenovo G500 with an Intel Core i5-3230M and 8GB of memory and I was wondering if it would be worth it to get a new laptop with a 7th gen Intel processor?

Solution
It depends on what are you planning to do. If you use the laptop for anything apart gaming or graphics intensive applications, I would keep it. If not, get any modern laptop with discrete graphics.
Comparing the 3rd and 7th gen Core, you will get about 20% more performance clock by clock and perhaps double battery life.
In my opinion, I would keep it unless you want something different, for example a smaller laptop or with graphics.
You could install a SSD and it will bring a new life to your laptop.

Regards

grmnlxndr

Honorable
May 17, 2012
It depends on what are you planning to do. If you use the laptop for anything apart gaming or graphics intensive applications, I would keep it. If not, get any modern laptop with discrete graphics.
Comparing the 3rd and 7th gen Core, you will get about 20% more performance clock by clock and perhaps double battery life.
In my opinion, I would keep it unless you want something different, for example a smaller laptop or with graphics.
You could install a SSD and it will bring a new life to your laptop.

Regards

Solution