should i Get mackie cr4 over a traditonal 2.1 desk setup for clear and great sound experience !!

xxxhomie21

Estimable
Dec 9, 2015
i have a cheap alternative of z623 for my desk (sony srs d9) which has the best sound in its price range i.e around 80-90$. but its bass is just overkill for my experience i have keep the bass knob around 25% to fulfilled my needs as anything over it just blows my head which i don't like.

so i want to upgrade my setup and looking forward to mackie cr4 as it has a good studio quality sound in its price range and it is also easy available in my country.

it can provide proper bass as i don't need too much bass a little punch is enough for me and these speakers rates around 70hz as the lowest response frequency.

or it will be too much flat for me and i should look any other jbl or bose one's

Solution
I saw complaints about the Sony SRS D9 setup for bass.

In general, a good 2.1 setup beats a good 2.0 (no sub) for quality bass.

I had speakers similar to the Mackie CR4 though and they were quite good. They had 4" woofers too.

The fact that it is "70Hz" doesn't tell you how much bass it has. The proper bass/mid/tweeter distribution depends on both the sound card/chip first, then how well they designed the speaker system.

Here's my concern:
http://www.harmonycentral.com/expert-reviews/mackie-cr3-an-cr4

"While their response is relatively flat, for music mixing, I would not feel comfortable using the Mackie CR Series Creative Reference Multimedia Monitors as a primary reference since they lack the ability to accurately reproduce the...
I saw complaints about the Sony SRS D9 setup for bass.

In general, a good 2.1 setup beats a good 2.0 (no sub) for quality bass.

I had speakers similar to the Mackie CR4 though and they were quite good. They had 4" woofers too.

The fact that it is "70Hz" doesn't tell you how much bass it has. The proper bass/mid/tweeter distribution depends on both the sound card/chip first, then how well they designed the speaker system.

Here's my concern:
http://www.harmonycentral.com/expert-reviews/mackie-cr3-an-cr4

"While their response is relatively flat, for music mixing, I would not feel comfortable using the Mackie CR Series Creative Reference Multimedia Monitors as a primary reference since they lack the ability to accurately reproduce the lowest two octaves of the audible frequency spectrum."

You want 50Hz or lower for the low-end.

I'm not sure WHERE you are, or your top BUDGET but you should see what is available and Google lots of reviews.

I recommend at least 4" woofers but that's just a starting point.

Solution