Should i root my phone?

AleksiDj52

Prominent
Mar 4, 2017
Hello everyone first of all i dont know if this is the right category for asking if its worth rooting my phone but you can help me. So i have Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 and i bought it in
11th August 2017. Before this phone i had an IQ I MOBILE 6.3 idk what model was it it was 2.5 years ago and i didnt know about what phone should i guy and the specs etc. I bought a cheap one. Lets continue with what i was saying so i rooted the IQ 6.3 phone and it said that it will improve battery underclock cpu while phone is sleeping etc but i saw no difference. I was thinking is it worth it rooting my phone (on A5 2017)?. Also i heard if i root my phone the warranty will void idk if this it true but is it worth rooting it?

Thank you

Solution
Some network operators tries to enforce a no-root warranty. They'll never be able to win than in a consumer court, though. So, technically it doesn't really matter. I've never heard of anyone really losing their warranty because they've rooted a phone. If you replace the ROM with something else they will obviously refuse to help you on software support until you restore the factory software, as the phone wasn't sold with that.
Edit add: some apps will not work on rooted phones. Like video streaming services. Sky Now TV is one I know of. For some reason, they think pirate streamers use Android and not Windows when sharing pirate streams... :)

therealduckofdeath

Honorable
May 10, 2012
Samsung has a pretty good battery saving feature, the one Google adopted in Android 9, so you shouldn't have to root it for that. Personally I haven't felt the need to root a phone for years.
A third party "battery saver" would require a lot of manual maintenance to beat what your phone does by itself. If you're not careful it's even possible to worsen battery life by killing background services and apps the phone regularly needs and then has to re-load.

AleksiDj52

Prominent
Mar 4, 2017

Yeah you are right so rooting my phone not worth it correct?

therealduckofdeath

Honorable
May 10, 2012
Some network operators tries to enforce a no-root warranty. They'll never be able to win than in a consumer court, though. So, technically it doesn't really matter. I've never heard of anyone really losing their warranty because they've rooted a phone. If you replace the ROM with something else they will obviously refuse to help you on software support until you restore the factory software, as the phone wasn't sold with that.
Edit add: some apps will not work on rooted phones. Like video streaming services. Sky Now TV is one I know of. For some reason, they think pirate streamers use Android and not Windows when sharing pirate streams... :)

Solution

AleksiDj52

Prominent
Mar 4, 2017

Ok thank you for your help i wont root my phone then