Dec 2, 2009
Hi everyone,

I wanted to get opinions on whether I should sell my laptop:

Specs:
CPU: i7-2760QM @ 2.40 GHz
GPU: 6990M
RAM: 16 GB Ram
HDD: 1 TB 7200 RPM

Now the reason I'm asking is I've had to buy a new power adapter ($100) and my CPU fan died ($50) recently. I have had to replace both the GPU and CPU fans before multiple times (under warranty at the time) as well as the GPU itself (multiple times). Obviously heat is an issue and I think I put too much stress on the whole machine. I'm planning on upgrading my desktop (or buy a new one) so that I have better control over the heat issues. Though I do enjoy the convenience of gaming on the laptop and not having to isolate myself from the rest of the family (unless I want to).

LummusMaximus

Honorable
If it's broken, doesn't work etc., why would you sell it? To pass the issues onto somebody else? The hardware is about four generations old, anyway, so selling it would be hard- i.e. "Four generations old laptop that overheats and costs tons of money to repair on a regular basis!". You wouldn't get very much.

Something I enjoy doing with older systems is seeing how completely I can take it apart. You should try it.

Myriddan

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2009
It's not broken. It just has needed some repairs lately making me think of moving back to my desktop which is cheaper to maintain. The hardware isn't that old, it still runs most games on medium-high settings at 1080p. I just have a feeling that it needs the repairs because I overuse it and don't let it cool down. You don't have as much an issue with a desktop since you have much more options for cooling it.