Should You Buy a Wii U?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Freddy u

Honorable
Dec 26, 2013
Love it bought it today with a few games and its great ,the kids love it and I love it.....got the ps3 already for my blue rays and 3d movies ,but the wii u is fun.......

Freddy u

Honorable
Dec 26, 2013
And remember the wii u sold 120,000 the first week almost double what the Xbox and ps4 did together lol ,,,so you Xbox and ps lovers ,you lost....so your comments are worthless....

Freddy u

Honorable
Dec 26, 2013
And to this writer me and my family and family friends are new to the wii so no it's not for the hardcore fans like you think ,I see them going like hot cakes here in my city....

Freddy u

Honorable
Dec 26, 2013
And to this writer me and my family and family friends are new to the wii so no it's not for the hardcore fans like you think ,I see them going like hot cakes here in my city....

JDP81

Honorable
Dec 26, 2013
people really need to stop burying Nintendo over this... all they need to do is fix the problem with the software library and they'll be fine!

Ghostbustar

Honorable
Dec 26, 2013
Man, I feel like some of these articles are written by people reading other articles and and then basing there opinions on that. I wonder if this writer actually has sat down with a wii u for even a day at minimum. This would certainly help to get hands on experience before writing his opinion to world. People we must not be sheep. try it out. Mario 3d world is on display to try at best buy or the source. Seeing videos on youtube is one thing. Playing the actual game is another. That game looks amazing. This 'rhetoric' that the wii u is only a little more powerful than the ps3 and xbox 360 really needs to stop. Its like a bad rumor that keeps spreading. Get your facts straight. Bad ports do not equal bad hardware. Nintendo went a different route with their hardware, but they are not stupid. Do you really think the company would put out hardware that would not be able to produce some powerful graphics. I have my wii u and I am very happy with it, and I am a gamer. 2014 is gonna be a great year for it.

AllCreation

Honorable
Dec 27, 2013
The biggest misconception about the console is the hardware. Like the Author here people are incredibly misinformed as to the Wii U's powers its actually much closer to the XB1 and PS4 than it is to the XB360 and PS3. Its been proven to be about %20 weaker than the other two next-gen consoles which still makes it about 4 to 6 times stronger than the PS3 and XB360. Unfortunately Nintendo isn't going to just come out and give people this information and that is where they have been suffering the most. Marketing is the companies weakest area.

Alex Ortiz

Honorable
Dec 29, 2013
the wii u is terrible, has nothing but mario games which makes COD look like considering how badly nintendo milked and used the same damn formula for mario every game. Playstation has among the best exclusives to date (and im not talking about COD you morons)

mman74

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2006
But for me it's about the games. The games. If the console doesn't have the games I want to play I won't get it. I liked Mario when I was 12 but I'm now a lot lot older. I don't like it anymore. I like games like realistic FPS, realtistic driving simulators, realistic RPGs, realistic Sports Games. That means games like Unchartered, COD, Titanfall, Assassins Creed, Battlefield, FIFA. Why are so few of these types of games on Wii U? And that is the reason why I won't get one. Not discrimination over brand or hardware ... the games, just the games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS