News Sky Glass is a 4K QLED TV with built-in Sky and no need for a dish

Oct 11, 2021
I cannot believe I would be the only one with this view.

I was rather excited about the October 7th Announcement from Sky, having been a loyal Sky customer for many years and fan of the Sky Q product.

I, and I am sure many others, were hoping that the announcements, were going to introduce the next evolution of Sky Q, that would fill the missing gaps in current product.

What was I looking for:
  • Removal of the requirement for the Satellite Dish (more than 90% of what I watch on Sky is streamed content).
  • Upgrade of Sky Q hardware with faster processors, addition of SSD storage and less throttling of downloads to reduce wait times and improve performance when streaming.
  • Removal of limit on Mini-Box use allow concurrent streaming to more than Main Box and 2 Miniboxes at the same time.
  • Addition of 4K capability to Mini-Boxes to provide full multi-room 4K content.
What I did not want is a new TV Set. I have perfectly good 4K capable screens all round my house, I have absolutely no need for a new TV.

I felt really let down by the announcement and feel Sky is not listening to its customer base. I cannot believe that Sky customers have been lobbying for the release of a New Television set.