Skype for Android 3G Calling Hacked Already

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kewlx

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2010
[citation][nom]TheWhiteRose000[/nom]I love being a nerd.It's stuff like this.That makes me smile.[/citation]
sure is :D ^_^

G

erm... the freedom of Skype on iPhone was available long before the freedom of Skype on Android. Feel the effing delay, not the free. Wait, wait, wait, Skype is great at making us all wait. Where is the Bluetooth support for Skype on the iPhone? Where is Skype video support? Wait, wait, wait... :) For iPhone and Android. Feel the wait.

luissantos

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2009
Thankfully, there's a whole community of Android developers who bust their butts to solve problems like this one and, just a couple of days after the release, there's now a hack that rectifies the WiFi-calling-only-for-Americans situation.

Is Toms actually endorsing hacking on their website? Sure sounds like it... only thing missing is direct links to the Heroes who made this possible.

the freedom of Skype on iPhone was available long before the freedom of Skype on Android. Feel the effing delay, not the free. Wait, wait, wait, Skype is great at making us all wait. Where is the Bluetooth support for Skype on the iPhone? Where is Skype video support? Wait, wait, wait... :) For iPhone and Android. Feel the wait.

I'm not sure if you've noticed, but this Android devices have been around for about a year or so (and I mean REAL ones... i.e. Nexus One spec, not all that other underpowered BS that we had before)... how long has the iPhone been out now? And you expect the software for all devices to be on the level?

Nobody, not Google, not Microsoft, nor Mozilla, etc, release fully featured products right away, that's a trend that's died... they probe the consumers with BETA software that they keep updating every month or so...

Status
Not open for further replies.