Slight damage to the top half of my MacBook Air. Can I repair it?

jkoster941

Honorable
Jan 10, 2014
Something fell at a speed of more than 1/4 of a meter per second and dented that top part where the logo is. I now resent this garbage metal, is there a way I can deconstruct this thing and buff it out? I have experience with building computers, but they were PC's and were a bit less fragile I imagine.

Solution
Take a look on iFixit.com and see if they have a guide. It will give you an idea of what it will take to get at the top cover. It will involve removing the glued on glass which has a high probability of cracking. I don't recommend it. I would buy a cover for it and then you won't have to look at the dent anymore. This is a problem with Aluminum laptops (not just the Apple ones), they dent easily.

CN_Abdiel

Estimable
Feb 1, 2016
Take it to a place where they fix it? I know this sounds like dumb answer coming from a guy who likes to fix everything by himself, but if you don't experience, taking apart an Apple product can be challenging since many cases is not just about unscrewing some screws. That's just my opinion. If it is just cosmetic, it shouldn't be that big of a deal.

BadAsAl

Distinguished
Take a look on iFixit.com and see if they have a guide. It will give you an idea of what it will take to get at the top cover. It will involve removing the glued on glass which has a high probability of cracking. I don't recommend it. I would buy a cover for it and then you won't have to look at the dent anymore. This is a problem with Aluminum laptops (not just the Apple ones), they dent easily.

Solution
DIY home remedy? furgitaboutit. I believe I replied to another similar post. Throw over a cover/sticker, or have Apple replace, it shouldn't be prohibitively expensive. Or look at is this way, now what you got the first scratch, you don't have to obsess about its look any longer and live life free!