Sling Orange vs. Sling Blue: What’s the Difference? (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scotocs

Commendable
Jul 1, 2016
You have mentioned recording it in the article. I have Sling Blue but it has no DVR features. How can I record shows (would like to record the CNBC show "Jay Lenos Garage" to watch as they have no on-demand listings)?

David_371

Commendable
Jul 3, 2016
So Sling is doing one of the things hat we all hate about cable TV, bundling and making us buy a lot of channels we don't want to get the few that we do. I personally cancelled cable once my bill (internet + TV) hit $180 and do enjoy the much lower rate of SlingTV in spite of their bundling tactics. Hopefully the price will remain low and competitors will arise. . My main compliant is the streaming quality (not even close to Netflix) and the slowness of the Sling app on the Roku (latest model). But I have to say I don't miss cable one bit. Netflix is still king in my house.

Jul 13, 2016
boooo! no espn with the blue package, ridiculous, so if I want to stream on multiple devices I need at least the blue, but then no espn or disney, so now I have to purchase blue and orange together... no premium channel included with the blue-orange bundle, no dvr capabilities. Your parent company is slowly turning you into dish network.

Billy_50

Commendable
Jul 27, 2016
I've tried for a week now. Not impressed. Of course there are some good features that I like. But overall, the service is a let down. I mean, for almost 1/3rd the price I could have netflix or hulu, and for about 1/2 the price I could have amazon prime. That means the draw is the "live" part of it, which is not really all that great when you consider you get only "live" reruns and no big 4 shows. I do get Braves games live, which is awesome because I love sports and Braves especially. But that's a pretty specific thing. I don't imagine most millennials are dying to see a braves game. I also like Red Bull Mtn Biking shows. But again, free on the old internet anyway. Also, NBC news is live, not the app, but the channel. So I do get that, which I like. But in total, that means I'm paying $25/month for NBC news, Braves games, and reruns on Mtn Biking events.
I hate the other sports channels: FS1 is nothing but sophomoric frat boy pratter and infotainment sports newsish shows. The others are rodeo, funny car, triathlons, mma stuff that I'd rather drink spit than watch.
I love the idea of Sling, but in the end, it's too pricey for what you get. I still can put together putlocker, solar movie, acronaitv, nowwatchmelive, and firstrowsports and get darn near every live event in the world and nearly every tv show and movie ever made for nothing but the cost of increased adblocking and virus scans.
So, I'll be cancelling.
Pricing recommendations: Orange 9.99/month; Blue 12.99/month

timmyleeturner

Honorable
May 28, 2013
I just upgraded from Orange to Orange & Blue to see a Thunder VS Jazz game advertised on Fox Sports... you charged my card for a month and the game is NOT there, so I cancelled the upgrade but had to pay for it anyway. That sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.