Solved! Smaller, minimalist Smartphone w/ decent camera for traveling. GSM or unlocked

Status
Not open for further replies.

iKokomo

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2016
I am with ATT and its GSM service.

I am looking for a smaller, more pocketable smartphone for an upcoming trip where we have to pack very light. I normally carry a larger 5.5/6 phone that may be a bit large in my pocket for an upcoming trip.

However, the two caveats are, it has to have a decent camera and at least fair battery life.

I have seen smaller, more compact smartphones (Palm phone) that seem to be decent except for the camera.

What are the best options out there for me?

Solution
I would suggest you then do some deep searches on Amazon and Ebay to see if you can find what you want. I have not seen any devices that are smartphones that really fit what you are looking for.

Now if you didn't want/need to access apps, and were just using say text, call, email and camera, you could look into a non-smartphone. AT&T has both a Sonim XP3 and a Sonim XP5s which are non-smart phones. Or you can search for GSM phones as mentioned above.
I would suggest you then do some deep searches on Amazon and Ebay to see if you can find what you want. I have not seen any devices that are smartphones that really fit what you are looking for.

Now if you didn't want/need to access apps, and were just using say text, call, email and camera, you could look into a non-smartphone. AT&T has both a Sonim XP3 and a Sonim XP5s which are non-smart phones. Or you can search for GSM phones as mentioned above.

Solution
iPhone SE Is a good small model to get although you will need to make sure the models work where you are going. Personally I travel quite a bit for business and even though I have a decently large phone it's not really an issue unless you are doing things like climbing rocks or something and need the phone small for that. A 1" phone size and an oz in wright saving is not that much really.

Status
Not open for further replies.