Smart tv to surround sound

doolittle

Distinguished

There is a good guide to connections over here @ lifewire #07 is going to be the optical cable and socket on both ends.

Have a look at #08, those are the analog RCA cables and jacks, some TV also have those so that will be another option for good old stereo L and R connections into your stereo. If your TV only has the optical output, you can get a converter like this one which will convert to stereo out.

Without model numbers we can't give you an exact answer.
If the Jensen only has analog inputs you can use the headphone out if the TV has one. Otherwise you will need to convert the optical audio output to analog or a coax digital input if the Jensen has one of those.
Check the TV manual on how to set up the optical output.

Feb 18, 2018

doolittle

Distinguished

There is a good guide to connections over here @ lifewire #07 is going to be the optical cable and socket on both ends.

Have a look at #08, those are the analog RCA cables and jacks, some TV also have those so that will be another option for good old stereo L and R connections into your stereo. If your TV only has the optical output, you can get a converter like this one which will convert to stereo out.

Jan 21, 2019

doolittle

Distinguished
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Streaming Video & TVs 1
E Streaming Video & TVs 5
G Streaming Video & TVs 2
L Streaming Video & TVs 1
K Streaming Video & TVs 2
B Streaming Video & TVs 5
C Streaming Video & TVs 6
T Streaming Video & TVs 1