Smartphones with the Longest Battery Life (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kopecn1

Estimable
Jul 2, 2015
Passport here as well easily 14+ hours. There are series of days that I don't even charge my blackberry. I suspect that since BlackBerry Limited does not have the cash to pay for this kind of marketing, they do not get on the list.

kopecn1

Estimable
Jul 2, 2015
Oh and the amazon pricing values are wrong. The galaxy 6 egde that they link to is the 128gb version that costs ~$1k. Whereas the advertising lists 299. The low end version on amazon still costs 500+ assuming you get the proper version for your region.

el_motoc

Estimable
Jul 2, 2015
come onn who is bb? q10 ..q20..passport with 2100 mah ..and 3600 mah :))) let i6 and s5 be on top with 4 h autonomy on full traffic internet :))) in my country people in 6 mounts change i6 for passport..why? i6 battery life all the time ..at s5 battery life on internet all day is 6 h guys ..shame for 2

el_motoc

Estimable
Jul 2, 2015
shame for samsung..iphone..and htc battery life is very pour this brands dont understand the fact people whant to speack on the internet at last 6 h ..q10 q20 passport do that thing

kimdonghwan

Estimable
Jul 22, 2015
Ya you did not include Sony Xperia Z3 ?!?

Also i think Samsung Galaxy S6 has better battery life compared to S5.

Though S5 has bigger capacity (2800 mAH) than S6 (2550 mAH), the latter has better battery life thanks to its 14nm Exynos 7420 processor.

But i agree iPhone 6 might still winning :p

Skotti

Estimable
Sep 7, 2015
I bought a THL 5000 in December 2014 which I have to recharge the battery every three days (now in September 2015).

I need a better battery life, but when I look at your articles written, I think that it is better to change the site.

Dr M7

Estimable
Nov 3, 2014
This isn't really a meaningful comparison. People don't buy phones just based on battery life. It has to be weighed in with screen size, screen resolution, processor cores, processor speed, and weight of the phone.

For screen size and resolution, and for processor cores and speed, more is better. But for the battery, more capacity also means more wight. And for weight, less is better. This causes battery life to be a trade off between capacity and weight.

Phones with similar screen and processor specs are going to have similar battery drain (all else being equal.)
Balancing battery capacity and battery weight is the same problem for all manufacturer's offering those specs.

To fairly compare phones with different specs, all these specs have to be scored and weighed and a composite score calculated. Otherwise, low performing phone specs have an unfair advantage over high performing phones.

John Lin

Estimable
Sep 21, 2014
Blu studio energy 2 has 5000 mah battery, out last any of the phone listed. Also other brand such as Lenovo, Asus...etc all have huge battery phones.
Agree, people make decision base on a wide range of qualities, such as spec, weight, build quality and so forth. The title of this article is best battery phone, not best overall phone. The scope of this article should focus mainly on the battery life and size. This article is heavily biased towards the major brands, as many mid range to low end phone with amazing battery capacity were not listed. I guess the reviewer either did not do her research or gets paid by those brands.

John Lin

Estimable
Sep 21, 2014
Low quality and biased review like this make the site lose credential, I used to come visit toms website, nowadays I go to other more reliable and structured site such as linus, notebookcheck, anandtech and gsmarena. Quality research and review bring you audience.

techy74

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2011
Where the Windows 950L 950XL in this test? Windows is not dead yet. I am sure that they should do well in a battery test.

Status
Not open for further replies.