Smartwatch Face-Off: Pebble vs. Sony SmartWatch 2 vs. Galaxy Gear

Status
Not open for further replies.

henrypotter10k

Honorable
Dec 21, 2013
One other tech company offering an innovative smart watch is Smart Devices, which introduced the world's first tablet with a built-in DLP projector - winning a prestigious 2013 CTIA E-Tech Award; and now its Smart Q Z-watch is gaining notice for its features and design and compares to the Pebble but with better specs and features more on par with Samsung's high-end Galaxy watch, and nearly half the price. Smart Devices also launches its own App store in January, after accepting hundreds of App developer submissions in November.

The SmartQ Z-Watch ($155) offers a full color touch-screen display with one of the highest resolution screens of any smart watch on the market, and features a powerful 1Ghz processor, along with twice the battery power of most other models; and also offers both Bluetooth 4.0 with low energy use & WiFi connection.

The SmartQ Z-Watch works with Android smartphones to handle phone calls and sync and display messages, contacts, and schedule; plus features an MP3 Player & Voice Recorder, a walking/ jogging pedometer and sleep analyzer; and a software update is also expected in January to work with Apple iOS devices as well.

One source for the new SmartQ Z-Watch is--Tab l et Sp r i nt-- which has complete product details and also adds in a premium earphone set and extra watch band strap as part of the package.

pkellmey

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2006
I'd be interested in how this watch compares: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/omate/omate-truesmart-water-resistant-standalone-smartwa/posts/698902?ref=activity. It's the one that seems to have the most features, even though it is a kickstarter project.

G

I don't get this need for 'smart'watches to have super powerful processors and all these features. I thought the point of them was to be a watch that could also give you the odd notification from your phone without having to pull your phone from your pocket to see who sent it.As they start to do more than that they seem to get bigger and much more power hungry. I don't need a watch that can handle calls, allow me to reply to texts/emails, play MP3s (on the watch). These are reason why I have my phone!With things like the Galaxy Gear, SmartQ Z-Watch,TrueSmart etc. I may as well strap my smartphone to my wrist, it has a way better screen then any 'smart'watch, saves me having to charge up two devices on a near daily basis and saves me carrying two devices that effectively duplicate some functions (or with that TrueSmart all functions as it seems to be a phone in its own right as well).

jayleejaylee

Honorable
Jan 29, 2014
I felt this comparison was quite biased. The three watches are marketed toward three different audiences. On our Galaxy gear and the camera in concert with Evernote, the ability to answer phone calls directly on the device and S Voice (as slow as it is) have proven to be quite handy. It makes sense for me because I own a note3. I would not see the practicality of owning this watch if I had a smaller smartphone. So yes, it is a niche product but a very good one provided the owner uses it's features.

glenusername

Estimable
Apr 19, 2014
"If you use a Sony phone or install Touchdown or K-9 mail, you can get the same experience with Exchange, IMAP or POP mail"

Another option is eNotify it works with IMAP, POP3 and Exchange and provides the most comprehensive set of filtering options for Pebble and SW2. [It is a completely independent app -- no need to install K9 etc]

Status
Not open for further replies.