Snapdragon 845 Benchmarked: Can It Match the iPhone's Power?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 12, 2018
Umm, this is a really poor example of a one-sided argument. It is clear the author does everything they can to drive the apple product against a phone that is clearly not on the same level. And, while the author references the Galaxy 9, which is not even in the test, this is clearly not a true representation. The author is comparing apples to Oranges. I have a Galaxy Note 8 and everytime a co-worker tries to compete against it they are blown away. And, return to their inner child taking refuge in their office. I have seen a few users drop their apple in favor of a new Galaxy product. The article has an intriguing title however the comparison and article are from apple-landia since the Galaxy 9 is not even in the test. All I ask is, when an article is written, it is fair, unbiased, and that the products mentioned are actually in the test. I like to depend on "Tom's Guide" however this one article has made me feel I should seek out another site.
(This comment was deliberately written in favor of the Galaxy line so the author can comprehend the other side of a one-sided argument. However, the Galaxy products do tend to out perform apple repeatedly. It is just fact)

IRJ8

Commendable
Jun 5, 2016
There are other steps forward with the 845 chipset. There will be a significant increase in battery efficiency of around s3% . Also the unit nativelt runs BT5.0 so the latest and BEST BT ear buds such as the Zolo Liberty Plus can be nicely used.

Kilster

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009

As a current owner of an iPhone X, Note 8, Razer Phone and Pixel XL 2, the Note 8 is the worst performer of the bunch. I can guarantee I do not go back to refuge in my office against myself. Snappiest is iPhone X, very close to the Pixel 2 XL, which are my two main phones at the moment.

s.bascombe72

Prominent
Aug 18, 2017
The iPhone bionic processor is impressive but does suffer with slow down ,the snapdragon it's better in the long run I think apple always have the upper hand because it only makes for a couple of devices and across the processes are really good for Apple devices however if you put them in a Android device hey will be pretty rubbish.

s.bascombe72

Prominent
Aug 18, 2017
I'm not sure if making a comparison with the bionic CPU really proves that much personally. I had the iPhone 8 for a while and it is very nippy, but the multitasking is not as concise as the android equivalents for definite.
I think people need to remember that the bionic CPU will never power an android device or vice versa.
I now have a mate 10 pro and in the real world of use there's not much in it even though the Kirin is quite abit less powerful and doesn't suffer from much slow down compared to my apple where I had to restart it a fair few times to ensure its speedy performance.
Time will tell I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.