So how do I install and play from an external harddrive

tondastewart

Prominent
Oct 24, 2017
I would like to know how to install games to my external harddrive and play from it since I have a limited size harddrive on my laptop/tablet combo (acer)and I love galaxy bowling

jaguarskx

Champion
Simply connect the hard drive to the laptop. The laptop should recognize the external hard drive in a few seconds and assign it a drive letter. Example would be as a D: Drive or E: Drive assuming those letters are currently being use by another drive. Then simply install the game to the external hard drive. When you want to play games simply attach the hard drive to your Acer laptop/tablet combo (which I assume is running Windows).

Caveats....

- If the external drive appears as the F: Drive when you install games, then anytime you want to play that game or install another game, then you need to make sure that it appears as the F: Drive in order to launch the game.

- You can only play the game on the laptop / PC on which you installed the game to. When installing programs or games the Windows Registry file is updated to include certain "keys" that identifies a program as being installed on the laptop / PC.

- If you attach the hard drive to another laptop / desktop, then the game will not launch because Windows in that computer will not even know the game exists because it's Windows Registry file will not have any of the necessary "keys".

jaguarskx

Champion
Simply connect the hard drive to the laptop. The laptop should recognize the external hard drive in a few seconds and assign it a drive letter. Example would be as a D: Drive or E: Drive assuming those letters are currently being use by another drive. Then simply install the game to the external hard drive. When you want to play games simply attach the hard drive to your Acer laptop/tablet combo (which I assume is running Windows).

Caveats....

- If the external drive appears as the F: Drive when you install games, then anytime you want to play that game or install another game, then you need to make sure that it appears as the F: Drive in order to launch the game.

- You can only play the game on the laptop / PC on which you installed the game to. When installing programs or games the Windows Registry file is updated to include certain "keys" that identifies a program as being installed on the laptop / PC.

- If you attach the hard drive to another laptop / desktop, then the game will not launch because Windows in that computer will not even know the game exists because it's Windows Registry file will not have any of the necessary "keys".

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Sathwikky Laptop General Discussion 15
A Laptop General Discussion 2
U Laptop General Discussion 4
TSCK Laptop General Discussion 3
Henryianska Laptop General Discussion 1
L Laptop General Discussion 1
M Laptop General Discussion 2
H Laptop General Discussion 3
P Laptop General Discussion 1
J Laptop General Discussion 3
Prabhu Mylsamy Laptop General Discussion 7