Sold the desktop, looking for a laptop.

RazeNCain

Estimable
Sep 11, 2014
Recently sold my desktop and need a laptop, starting a new job soon and a laptop will make things much easier. I have been using Windows since Windows 95, and building my own PC's for the last 6 years or so. I sold everything except my 27" Monitor. I am considering making the switch to OS X just to have a different experience and see what all the hype is about. I played with one for a bit in BestBuy and I liked it but it hasn't won me over so I have no preference right now as to what I buy.

I use Photoshop several hours a day, I do not play any games. Sometimes on the weekend I load up CAD and mess around (supplied to me by my current job). I usually have iTunes running in the background no matter what I am doing. If I am home, then iTunes is playing. My desktop had an i5 3570k (not overclocked) and it can handle anything I do with ease.

One of my biggest gripes about the Macbooks is the storage, however whichever way I go I will be building a wireless storage solution for the house, we have a giant movie / music library and there is no way it would fit on any laptop in my price range. If I get a macbook it will be the new retina display for $1499 which fits in my $1500 budget. I could pay more if I didn't have to buy my fiance a laptop to play the Sims. She is starting school again soon too, but I think she believes the sims is more important.

If you don't feel like reading here is a summary.
$1500 budget
13" + Screen
6+ Hour battery
i5 or better
OS X or Windows
Photoshop, AutoCAD, NO Games

Please don't suggest any gaming rigs due to the poor battery life. I was originally looking into the ASUS Rog but just not enough life.

RazeNCain

Estimable
Sep 11, 2014
I went yesterday afternoon and looked at a few, I didn't like the Asus keyboard and touchpad. I really couldn't find any ones I liked at bestbuy. Don't really have anything else locally, so I will probably be ordering from newegg.