solution for a laptop problem

raam raam

Honorable
Jan 20, 2014
dell inspiron laptop by model 1525 it having a charging problem and it shows plugged in but not charging, i cheque the charging voltages but it shows 3.3v pls tell me about this

thanking you sir

Solution
Hi Raam Raam
Firstly, i would try to update the BIOS as dell laptops are notorious for having this issue and a BIOS update can fix it. you will have to run it from the command line with a /forceit tag to get it to work. if you need help on how to do this, please let me know. if that doesn't work, i would replace the battery.

Regards

phate1337

Honorable
Dec 10, 2012
Hi Raam Raam
Firstly, i would try to update the BIOS as dell laptops are notorious for having this issue and a BIOS update can fix it. you will have to run it from the command line with a /forceit tag to get it to work. if you need help on how to do this, please let me know. if that doesn't work, i would replace the battery.

Regards

Solution

vivaladino

Honorable
Jan 20, 2014
Make sure you are plugging it in ac power not backup power in your workplace..it happened to me,did this and it was normal...dell has this issue..otherwise remove the battery,hold the power button for 30-40 seconds to drain the charge and see if it helps