[Solved]Need help finding a laptop/desktop under $600

ohmypeter

Honorable
Apr 26, 2012
A laptop or desktop would be okay. If it's a desktop, could you include things such as the sound card, keyboard, monitor, etc.?

1. What is your budget?
$600-$650 (shipping and stuff)

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
Doesn't matter as long as it's not tiny

3. What screen resolution do you want?
Doesn't matter but 1366x768 would be nice

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Desktop replacement laptop

5. How much battery life do you need?
2 hours+

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
1. League of Legends
2. Minecraft
3. Skyrim
4. Starcraft 2

I don't really care about the settings as long it's not all low settings for every game I play.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Photo/Video editing, hosting a small mc server, browsing, and that's about it.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
320GB+ But it's not a priority

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
Doesn't matter

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
4 years+

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
DVD ROM/Writer

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I'll buy any brand, except AMD cpu's

13. What country do you live in?
US

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
I'm really just looking for a computer that can multitask good, have enough storage to last me a few years, can run games with good fps that I won't rage, It doesn't have to be High quality every game but I don't like Low settings for everything, and that's about it

Thanks for the help!

We can help you finding a laptop around here.

-> For a desktop build in your budget range you want to ask the guys in the Systems section of the forum for advice;

They have their own version of a form to fill out for a desktop:
If you fill out the form in *How To Ask For New Build Advice* you'll answer all the standard questions that help things get started.

ohmypeter

Honorable
Apr 26, 2012
The first one seems good! It looks like it's only one core, does it matter doing what I do? Also, I don't need it right away and I can extend my budget to 800 if it's a huge difference in quality.