some key of laptop not working after windows 10 upgrade

general07

Honorable
Nov 19, 2013
"hotkey" driver is missing ..you have go to your laptop manufacturer site on the specific laptop and find the appropriate driver for windows 10..Keep in mind that ,maybe the name of the driver/utility isn't exactly "hotkey feature " or "hotkey driver" ,if you can't find it by name ,try all the recommended utilities for windows 10 from manufacturer site

raj_raj969

Estimable
Aug 1, 2015

hi,
thanks for your reply. I tried to install hotkey driver but getting error
Open GlobalPowerPolicy Registry Error.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\PowerCfg\GlobalPowerPolicy

when I press alphabet key with fn it works.

Song Thuong

Estimable
Aug 19, 2015
After installing windows 10, windows start to download and install update . I see
Synaptics pointing Device driver version 19.0.9.5 conflicts with my laptop Toshiba Satellite L775D-S7226 . Problem is after updating (installing) some keyboards did not work such as keyboards 1,2,3,4 and spacebar.

So I enter control panel, choose Uninstall program and click Synaptics pointing Device driver to uninstall it. After that my keyboard get back to normal.

Takupayo

Estimable
Aug 26, 2015
Good night friends I believe that the solution proposed deleting Synaptics device driver works but have to restrict the update yourself and a see deleted Windows 10 by nature reinstall it and is a bit cumbersome that they have to do is download a program called wushowhide is a small tool that provides microsoft to block updates install it this is very easy to use proceed to block Synaptics device driver and smart problem solving have a Siragon Hn- 70 is not a very recognized lapto but really thank you for their contributions I hope you serve my view

ZERO42

Estimable
Sep 1, 2015
Problem Solved.

Browsing the DEVICE MANAGER I un-installed the following 3 items:-

Human Interface Devices> TOSHIBA HOTKEY DRIVER *** Substitute TOSHIBA with your own LAPTOP MAKE

Keyboards > HID Compliant Keyboard

Mice and other pointing devices > HID Compliant Mouse

I then rebooted the Laptop and finally after 3 weeks without being able to use the laptop keyboard, I now have a fully working computer again.

Hope this helps other