Some keys of my laptop are not working even i press and some of them working automatically

NOTE: If you need to type in a password to even get into Windows to do the following, make sure you attached an external keyboard first, to get past the password. Then disconnect the external keyboard and try the following...

1. Uninstall the keyboard driver.
2. Reboot the computer (without reinstalling the driver).
3. When it restarts, it should reinstall the driver on its own.

If this doesn't work, you may wish to try connecting/reconnecting an external keyboard and see if it works fine. If it does, then it could be the keys themselves that are the issue.

You may also want to try updating the Synaptics Driver if the above doesn't help.

NOTE: If you need to type in a password to even get into Windows to do the following, make sure you attached an external keyboard first, to get past the password. Then disconnect the external keyboard and try the following...

1. Uninstall the keyboard driver.
2. Reboot the computer (without reinstalling the driver).
3. When it restarts, it should reinstall the driver on its own.

If this doesn't work, you may wish to try connecting/reconnecting an external keyboard and see if it works fine. If it does, then it could be the keys themselves that are the issue.

You may also want to try updating the Synaptics Driver if the above doesn't help.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 1
N Laptop Tech Support 1
P Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 1
Y Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
G Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 2
S Laptop Tech Support 2
H Laptop Tech Support 1
H Laptop Tech Support 2
A Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 2
M Laptop Tech Support 1
Similar threads
Solved! Certain laptop keyboard keys don't work without pressing shift
Laptop doesn't work after force shutdown (long press power key).
what should i do if my lenovo laptop is not turning on. when i pressed the power button on it working normally until lenovo is
Laptop won't turn on, Pressing Power For 30sec won't work.
My dell laptop keyboard wont let me type it keeps highlighting the box when i press any keys my mouse is working, i pluged an
on my Asus laptop's keyboard soe keys (M, V, C, Q) work only at strong and long pressing. What to do?
hi, In my Laptop hp elitebook 8440p, both left and right shift key isnt working... When I hold shift key and press 2 , instead
Certain keys on my Asus laptop will only work when pressed with other keys
When im pressing my on /off key the lights below the laptop turns on but nothing comes on the screen. It was working yesterday
hi i have the same problem my laptop screen went black i tried to press the power buttom and f12 but its not working,my acer m
Acer laptop power button doesn't work but if i press any other key it turns on but i have to keep a key pressed to have the la
Laptop keys not working unless I press Fn
i have a toshiba satellite L740- P4010 laptop, it's bios not open what i do?
when i press fn+brightness key in acer laptop it doesnot work with the windows 10. earlier it was working when the laptop was
i have problem with my laptop keyboard spacebar is automatically working untill esc key pressed
num keys 456 and right arrow dont work some time if im press it for a long time they work it is laptop asus k55vd
My gateway laptop keyboard is not working some keys work but others when you press them they make other letters appear please
My dell laptops keyboard stopped working since 3 days. I have tried removing the battery and then pressing the power button fo
my mouse not working on my acer laptop ,could somethink have been pressed on keyboard by mistake
my computer will not start up has acer screen asks to press f2 but keys not working at moment does laptop hahave a complete re

ASK THE COMMUNITY