Question Some sort of virus closing my chrome windows, Anti-virus can't find it, it pops up in my toolbar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 28, 2022
Every couple of minutes, my computer will have something open in the task bar. When this happens, it closes my chrome tabs and reopens 2 new ones. I've tried three different anti-virus programs and nothing is finding it. I've seen what the icon of the program looks like enough to describe it, but not to fully render it in my mind. It shows up every 5 to 10 minutes, and it makes doing ANYTHING (scrolling through the internet, playing games, etc) a pain in my rear. I don't know what to do about this.

I tried to copy the base look of it in a picture on my art program --> https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/268213856868761600/947909993376677888/unknown.png

If anyone knows what it could be or how to remove it, PLEASE let me know

Feb 28, 2022
Yes, and only the active window. If there are two windows, it only closes the one that was last pulled up (ex i have 3 windows, it will only close the one last viewed). It will then open a new window.

Feb 28, 2022
It doesn't show, and it still doesn't solve the underlying issue.
Every time it pops up, any game I'm on pauses like it's been changed to another window. This makes any online games impossible to play.

Feb 28, 2022
It only closes chrome, but it makes any other running app pause for a few seconds. It used to bring up a tab to a anti-virus software, but it stopped a while back. I don't remember what the anti-virus was called though.

Status
Not open for further replies.