Sonim XP 3400 Armor: The "Toughest" Phone in the World

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zero2g

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2011
[citation][nom]fancarolina[/nom]I'd like to see the blender test.[/citation]

I think they tried it... nope, it cannot blend

DaddyW123

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2010
wow, I find it funny how this quickly got into children with phones. I have a 2 year old and I always had the plan that he can have a phone when he can pay for the plan himself. However, I wouldn't be opposed to him having one of those kid phones a little earlier in life that only have 3 pre-programed dial buttons (Home, Police, Fire).

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
[citation][nom]DaddyW123[/nom]wow, I find it funny how this quickly got into children with phones. I have a 2 year old and...[/citation]
Cute. If you feel you have a definite long-term set of rules for child rearing when your son is 2, you may be surprised. They (and you) will change a 'little' as they reach 10, 14, 17, etc. years old. Adaptation is the name of the game. Just sayin' :)

kalidasa

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2010
[citation][nom]lamorpa[/nom]I can only hope you receive the same acerbic judgmental treatment in your life that you are doling out. Or, in case you somehow don't know it, you are an a-hole to make a comment like this. And I'm right.[/citation]

Everyone receives judgement, and yes, I'm an a-hole. Just poking the hornets's nest.

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
[citation][nom]kalidasa[/nom]Everyone receives judgement, and yes, I'm an a-hole. Just poking the hornets's nest.[/citation]
OK. Cool. Sorry. Good to stoke a debate. I let it hit too close to home.

G

I had this phone for 2 weeks and took it back. The phone feels great and is very tough, but the camera and music player are terrible - like something from 10 years ago. I need a decent camera for work and music player for my truck. If Sonim updates the camera and music player, I'll give it another shot.

ssurell

Honorable
Aug 29, 2012
Great piece of hardware, junk firmware, junk drivers and negligible customer support. The phone is buggy with the "Battery Full" chime popping up every 3 minutes or so while playing .mp3's, USB drivers aren't digitally signed and Windows 7 won't allow them, their modem and sync tool crashes (probably because the drivers don't work). Customer support consists of a dozen or so FAQ's geared toward the truly clueless, a link to your service provider, and a generic comment box. I don't expect Sonim to be around to make good on the 3-year warranty, so I'm getting out while I still can.

Status
Not open for further replies.