Sony Boasts Great Sales of PS3 Slim

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

johnny_5

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
Some people do actually play games from older generations, and want to be able to do it on their new system, and sell the old one. I for one have a BC PS3, but unfortunately can't sell my PS2 because I have a 'special' PS2 library to go with my 'special' PS2, and that library won't work on my PS3.

antilycus

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2006
still a about 6-7 million behind the 360 and about 25 million behind the Wii, but hey, good job on selling 1 million. I would curious to see how well the others did after dropping their price as well.

hpapanto

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2009
[citation][nom]manos[/nom]The fact they are bragging is till no reason to replace my 360 that ive had from ay one and plays everything proven better than the PS3. They have been in the market enough years and all the crossplatform cant perform as good, which is good enough proof after so many years Ive had it... The thing is that PS3 used to consume more electricity than my fridge if you check the stats etc. ffsAnd what ever happened to the 999% sale increase? lol[/citation]
you stopped humping your 360 to write that? RROD FTW!

anonymousdude

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2009
[citation][nom]Antilycus[/nom]still a about 6-7 million behind the 360 and about 25 million behind the Wii, but hey, good job on selling 1 million. I would curious to see how well the others did after dropping their price as well.[/citation]

You have to remember that the 360 was released a year earlier, but it is still impressive they sold a million in a non holiday time.

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
The PS3 has always been a year behind (because of blu-ray) so they have been 6~7million units behind the Xbox360. but in the mid-term/long term, it was the right thing to do. They don't have the high failure-rates and have a complete HiDef entertainment system.

It would be interesting to see if the PS3 can actually sell a million units a month. It won't make them surpass the Xbox360 anytime soon... but it could increase sales month to month.

One of the big reasons people buy Xbox360s is because their friends have one and HALO. The more PS3s, the more people will buy them.

Lets do some math.
In almost 3 years, 25million units sold, about = 8mil a year. And by the month, about 690,000. So that is about a 30% increase in sales.

In another 12 months, we'll see how good the sales are. If the 30%+ can hold, then the 6million units behind the 360 will be reduced to 2 million.

And because of the all 360 failure problems, end users getting refurbs or constantly buying newer units... there maybe about 2-3million Xboxes short (dead units). The price-reduced Elite isn't going to change sales... Its a $300 console, other than black and a bigger HD, its no different than the pro.

Manos

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
[citation][nom]hpapanto[/nom]you stopped humping your 360 to write that? RROD FTW![/citation]

Its funny that I dont give a f**k about Ms, you obviously dont have one and obviously are the one that cares way too much about your own console which I can be your ass even if you deny it, its a PS3, yet like every tard you talk about RROD when you havent seen one from close in your life and neither have I.. lol tard.

And no I have a woman and I havent used my 360 more than check a few games I bought for more than a year now. I dont have time to play yet i have time to f**k. Its not called humping. Since you seemed to interested about me I thought id share with you :)

P.S. The 360s can be and will be replaced / fixxed for 3 years after the purchase. shitloads of PS3s are reported unfixable unless you pay for it after 1,5 year of purchase which is only the first year covered from Sony. So even if I had a RRoD till a year ago Id be covered x3 more than you for free. Still dont get your point.

hpapanto

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2009
[citation][nom]manos[/nom]Its funny that I dont give a f**k about Ms, you obviously dont have one and obviously are the one that cares way too much about your own console which I can be your ass even if you deny it, its a PS3, yet like every tard you talk about RROD when you havent seen one from close in your life and neither have I.. lol tard.And no I have a woman and I havent used my 360 more than check a few games I bought for more than a year now. I dont have time to play yet i have time to f**k. Its not called humping. Since you seemed to interested about me I thought id share with you P.S. The 360s can be and will be replaced / fixxed for 3 years after the purchase. shitloads of PS3s are reported unfixable unless you pay for it after 1,5 year of purchase which is only the first year covered from Sony. So even if I had a RRoD till a year ago Id be covered x3 more than you for free. Still dont get your point.[/citation]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFcz0FmGiLc
probably already RROD anyways, i suggest you do the same, check the vid as your in it ~1:53, priceless ;)

cpike84

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009
[citation][nom]hakesterman[/nom]Who needs PS2 backward compatability???? Most people that buy a PS3 are looking to move foward not backward. Worrying about PS2 with a PS3 is like pulling your Vette engine out and putting a 4 banger in it.[/citation]

My 4 banger will smoke most V8's, so it better be a higher-end vette to stand a chance. Better use a different analogy that holds true in all cases.

danny69t

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2009
[citation][nom]johnny_5[/nom]Some people do actually play games from older generations, and want to be able to do it on their new system, and sell the old one. I for one have a BC PS3, but unfortunately can't sell my PS2 because I have a 'special' PS2 library to go with my 'special' PS2, and that library won't work on my PS3.[/citation]
Nice :D, i want my PS2 to be "special" too ;).
Must start put money aside for a PS3 [drool]

Status
Not open for further replies.