Sony Could Sue Nintendo Over Wii U

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

trak74

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2011
Apple isn't in the game market, I'd not expect Sony, Microsoft or Nintendo to fall to a level where they are constantly trying to sue each other. Honestly, competition only makes the end product better, whereas companies like Apple just don't want competition, I have faith in our top 3 console developers.

smashley

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2009
funny thing is, if i recall correctly, Sony wouldn't be in the console market at all if it weren't for Nintendo. My memory is fuzzy but i think Nintendo had contracted Sony to help them build a CD drive based console, and then scrapped it, and Sony picked up and released it themselves. Sony, you got no class..

zblade

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2011
Trak74, I completely agree with you and I doubt that Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo will ever get into a patent battle like apple has with other smartphone makers.

I am pretty sure if Nintendo really wanted to, they could of sued Sony over the Move controller but we all know Nintendo would never do that. I am a Nintendo fanboi and I can't see anyone not look up to Nintendo. I can't recall Nintendo ever doing anything dirty, bad or disrespectful to anyone (unlike a well known company named after a fruit).

lewist

Distinguished
May 27, 2009
Pre-emptive suing that would be different, Maybe anyone who wins a patent should just target a big company and sue them in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.