Sony Expanding PlayStation Network in Spring 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

baracubra

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2008
Sounds graet, i wonder how they might execute it though....would each device (LCD, BLU-RAY player, etc.) have their own storage device where you could d/l media??

Also, would older SONY models be somehow supported?

lifelesspoet

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2009
They also have the station network with mmo's.
Sony isn't much different then microsoft here. They let other companies out innovate them then brute force their way back into the market with sheer volume and copying from others. I'm not saying they are not making great products or bringing new features, I Just prefer not to have products and standards thrust upon me not because they are better but because the company pushing them has that much influence.
It reminds me of Sony complaining that it should have beaten the ipod. You sometimes have to come to market with better products because brand loyalty only gets you so far.

tenor77

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
They need to turn this ship around that's for sure.

I love this quote from the new Sony exec:

"I'm determined to maximize my contribution to accelerating the expansion of the PlayStation business, one of Sony's core categories, and at the same time play an active role in linking the consumer electronics and PlayStation teams to strategically fuse both businesses and create new and truly unique Sony user experiences."

The Schnoz

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2008
Playstation Network sucks and a more tones down version for HDTV's would suck more. The "Life" program is a complete waste. There are many innovations that should be on tv's by now, but just aren't and I don't see this as an im[provement. How about selling a tv with a built in PS3 where you can use the built in hard drive as a DVR too. Or perhaps even just a TV with DVR functions after adding an external hard drive.

bunz_of_steel

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2008
who givea a rip about this krap, lets talk about MJ passing away. Thats whats really goin on and much more relevant to what this site reports anyway. ....suka's.

bunz_of_steel

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2008
who givea a rip about this krap, lets talk about MJ passing away. Thats whats really goin on and much more relevant to what this site reports anyway. ....suka's.

Honis

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
GREAT news for PSN users! Can't say I use the "Life" feature since its a less customizable 3d version of my iGoogle page. I really hope this expands the free offerings, but knowing Sony its going to cost for most of it. Hope my TV is compatable with what ever they release. Turning on the PS3 and switching from my PC to PS3 is slightly annoying (TV can overlay menus on any source).

Status
Not open for further replies.