Sony: Publishers Being Held Ransom by Apple

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tonydu

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2010
I spent a career in high tech. Steve and Sony go way, way back. This technique is routine for negotiations between companies. In building a business that competes with itunes, Sony has gotten a negotiation tool, and will have something more to trade for concessions with Steve,

Don't believe the press reports, PR statements, executive quotes, and analyst reports. This will end as it always does -- with a strategic dividing of the market so that both companies can get maximum profit from you and me.

mikem_90

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2010
Speaking of being held ransom, how are those Sony laptops that only use Sony brand batteries doing? When you decide to stop making these batteries, what are your customers going to do?

Then again, I'm not sure I would want a laptop that has a battery that costs $400, not sure why anyone else would.

mayankleoboy1

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2010
Don't believe the press reports, PR statements, executive quotes, and analyst reports. This will end as it always does -- with a strategic dividing of the market so that both companies can get maximum profit from you and me.

damn. and i thought product wars meant low prices for consumer.

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
I think I'm going with the Sony camp on this one.

Also, for those that don't bother to look up: MiniDisc was the de facto standard in Japan. Where is Sony from? Yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.