Solved! Sony STR DG920

Apr 12, 2021
Hi,
i’m new here and have some questions about my surround sound system. I’m not sure how to make the speaker system work with regular TV. When the TV is on and I press the button on the Sony Control Centre to try to turn it on there are a few clicks and 5 seconds later the TV sound from the speaker on the TV cuts out. Then I hear white noise coming from the surrounding speakers that I want to work. I looked to see if there was an optical audio cord that was loose or not plugged in but it there is nothing plugged into the Sony control center or the Bell TV receiver. Any help would be great.
Thanks

Solution
Hi,
i’m new here and have some questions about my surround sound system. I’m not sure how to make the speaker system work with regular TV. When the TV is on and I press the button on the Sony Control Centre to try to turn it on there are a few clicks and 5 seconds later the TV sound from the speaker on the TV cuts out. Then I hear white noise coming from the surrounding speakers that I want to work. I looked to see if there was an optical audio cord that was loose or not plugged in but it there is nothing plugged into the Sony control center or the Bell TV receiver. Any help would be great.
Thanks

If there is nothing connected to the Sonly receiver, how is it going to get any sound from the TV or anything else?

Manual...
Hi,
Thanks

If there is nothing connected to the Sonly receiver, how is it going to get any sound from the TV or anything else?

Manual for your unit is here https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/res/manuals/3289/32892001M.pdf, you can check the various inputs and connect what you need to from the TV or whatever you need to get audio from. Also what is a "regular TV"? It's like saying "a regular car" to a mechanic, we would need to now details of the setup, what is connected to what and how.

Solution