loonyjuice

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2006
1_What is your budget? £1000

2_What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 15.5"

3_What screen resolution do you want? Full HD

4_Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Portable

5_How much battery life do you need? Not fussed

6_Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? Medium, or High only if it doesn't affect temperature of the laptop

7_What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.) Movies

8_How much storage (H.D.D Capacity) do you need? Not fussed. 128GB SSD would suffice, 320GB HDD ample

9_If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.

http://www.sony.co.uk/product/vn-e-series

10_How long do you want to keep your laptop? 5 years+

11_What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? DVD fine, Blu-Ray nice

12_Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.

I don't have much experience with other laptops. As long as it's well built and aesthetic as well as ergonomically appealing.

13_What country do you live in? England

14_Please tell us any additional information if needed.

The Sony Vaio E series, seems to tick all my boxes in being stylish, well-made (any comments here?) and affordable. However, I have some reservations:

1. Will the screen will be too small for full HD?
2. Will the graphics card (ATI HD5650 - 1GB) be powerful enough full HD?
3. Will the temperature remain cool?
4. There's no USB 3.0
5. I've not seen many reviews about the E series on the web

Thanks for reading,

M.

ravi16aug

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
These models feature an ALPS manufactured touchpad. Apart from being very inaccurate when compared to Synaptics, the touchpad area is heating up like anything on these machines, i.e. the whole E series. My cousin got one, and is regretting.

TRENDING THREADS