Sounblaster Audio Xfi

jemtray

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2011
ASUS M4A88T-V Evo USB 3, AMD Phenom X4 965, Corsasir XMS3 4x2gb, Saphire HD 5550. WIN7 Ult, 64 bit.
Hi, I have been running a an Xfi Audio for sometime now (18 months) and cannot stop getting a compressing effect in certain frequencies during playback of music? is there anyway of remedying this or does anyone have any idea's on action to take because I don't want to go out and buy a new card and have this be a persistent problem, Or can anyone offer some opinions on why this is happening?maybe it is WIN 7 64 bit? because my old system XP 32 bit using an old Creative Soundblaster 5.1 absolutely blows this new one out of the water! very strange to think that this is advancement of technology and this has been overlooked? Anyways any advice or discussion would be appreciated very much, thanks in advance.

jemtray

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2011
Just to add to the above the Audio Equipment also being used with the Soundblaster Xfi; Yamaha RX-V620RDS Natural Sound, B&W DM601 S2 (X2) Spkrs, Gale G20 (X2) spkrs.

perhaps you have the equalizer set in your windows options or soundcard options. having an audio effect active will cause distortion as well. if you are using an amp or receiver having an audio mode set could cause distortion as well.

i am assuming that you are comparing output on the same speaker set.

jemtray

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2011

Hi yes I have looked into the EQ issue but it's the overall sound I'm getting from the Soundard but it has always been that way since changing from 32 but to 64 bit Windows?? I just don't get it and have not found a solution since doing so, so I don't want to buy another sound card to have the same problem. :??: :??:

there is always a chance that there is something faulty with the soundcard.

does your motherboard have onboard sound? if so while the pc is off take out the soundcard and see if the sound is the same.

both cards should not create the same effect if one is faulty.

if you get the same effect it is likely either an equalizer problem or your speakers have an issue perhaps.

you might want to try another speaker set if you have one around somewhere. or headphones.

TRENDING THREADS