Sound automatically gets louder everytime an audio is paused

Status
Not open for further replies.

MegaRodeon

Estimable
Oct 15, 2015
Okay this problem is pretty strange. The sound gets louder whenever I pause an audio (eg. pausing a YouTube video or music player). For YouTube videos, I've noticed it typically goes louder when resuming the video after few seconds, OR reloading the video (refresh the webpage), OR going to another video.

Sound manager application is Realtek, running on Windows 10. I've never had this problem before on Windows 7/8/8.1. I've tried reinstalling driver software but it keeps uninstalling the software then asks me to restart my laptop (and it repeats). How do I fix this bizarre problem? Thanks!

MegaRodeon

Estimable
Oct 15, 2015

Is there any other solution? I have the equalizer enhancement setting because I want more bass when listening to music.

Check your driver settings to see if auto-leveling is on. Most likely though that equalizer is the problem, just turn it off and see if the problem is fixed.

MegaRodeon

Estimable
Oct 15, 2015

How do I check driver settings? I've pretty much checked almost everywhere but found no setting called 'auto-leveling'. Meanwhile, I've disabled equalizer and it seems to have solved the problem (temporarily).

Edit: Nope, the problem comes out again.

Ace4x0

Estimable
Mar 18, 2017
I was experiencing the same issue described. I fixed this issue by changing the audio driver from Realtek High Definition Audio to High Definition Audio Device. Reboot your PC after changing this driver. Youtube audio no longer jumps up every time I reload a Youtube video page. I have recorded a video below of how to change the audio driver. You can follow it if you need help. Hope this helps someone with this really annoying issue. If this helped you give it a 1 up so more people can find this.

[video="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMy-q6rAIVg"][/video]

Reactions: DerekAllen

Brandon_198

Prominent
Apr 24, 2017
I have a Dell and it did this with all my applications. Whether I was listening to itunes, youtube, or netflix, everytime I press pause for a second, whenever I pressed play once again it got at least twice as load. I am running on windows 10 and this fixed the solution. I only really noticed the loudness when I connected ear phones. Basically, go to the search bar and type in "Find and fix audio playback problems". Then click on it when it pops up under the settings category. A "Playing Audio" window will appear. Click "next" to troubleshoot the problem. Make sure you earphones are plugged in. If a window opens that only troubleshoots as a speaker, there is your problem. Troubleshoot and keep hitting next until your music plays better. It will lead you to a testing window where it gives you noises and you say if it sounds fine or not. Say it doesnt sound right and to look for another driver malfunction. Everytime it updates your sound drivers, apply the changes and close the box. Then test out to see if the sound changes everytime you press pause. This should work! if it doesnt, go through the process again.
You know you have succeeded when it updates you to have a speaker, earphone, and HDMI Digital audio on your computers sound settings. To reach this setting, type in the search bar "sound". click on sound under the control panel section. A "sound" window will appear. If under the playback tab there is only a "speakers" device to modify settings, those setting will not help you with the pause and play problem. Those are only for your speakers! you need a headphones device settings, however, windows 10 didnt add the device for some reason. If the headphones device is not showing up, keep updating like i said above (the find and fix audio playback method above) until it upgrades you to more devices. There should be a "speakers", "headphones" and "digital audio" device available for connection after a while. Once you see that the repairs added new devices for you, then you can turn off enhancement for headphones if required.
For some reason, my computer thought it only had a speaker so when i connected my earbuds, they played louder everytime i pressed pause so I had to adjust it everytime i paused.
Its a long process but i hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.