Sound Blaster Recon3D Omega Wireless - No power, no sound.

RonFishy

Estimable
Feb 15, 2014
I've had issues pretty consistently with this device since purchasing it in December last year. After about 2 months of normal use, the actual sound card/sound blaster just stopped powering on whenever the PC was turned on. I looked online, found a solution that worked for me on this website. I downloaded an older firmware, installed it, downloaded the newest one, installed it, restarting the pc - and it worked fine after that.

Until the next day, and the next, and the next, etc. I was having to redo this firmware business every single day just to get the thing to turn on and work, this went on for a good few months. So, I contacted Creative and sent them back the headset, I figured I had gotten a faulty one, and they sent me back a refurbished one - with scratches galore everywhere on the headset.

But, I digress, it worked perfectly like new - until a month passed... and the exact same issue started happening again, and I had to do the firmware trick again, every day. I figured it wasn't all that bad, I mean it was just a few clicks and a restart - so I just dealt with it until today. Today, the firmware trick stopped working, as well as the firmware installers - all of them.

I had upgraded to Windows 10 on the day it came out, and there were no issues - I used the firmware trick, whatever, fine. I installed a new graphics card today, it still worked... I rebooted the PC like you do with the FW trick, and then I noticed the lights didn't come on again - like they always did before. The sound was gone too, so I ran the firmware software - that was always enough to make the lights turn on, so they turned on - but to make the sound turn on, you had to actually click the upgrade and go through with it. I clicked the upgrade button, and the software crashed.

This was on the old software, so I tried it on the new one, same result. I assume this is an issue with Windows 10, so I checked their website for new drivers for Windows 10 - they plan to release the new drivers this month - and I just can't wait on that. I was wondering if anyone else had this issue as I did, or if anyone had any suggestions at all as to what I should do. I have already deleted and reinstalled all traces of this headset's software (minus the firmware, obviously). Sorry for the long post! Thanks for reading.

TL;DR - Sound Blaster Recon3D Omega Wireless headset stopped working, audio and lights won't turn on again after rebooting, firmware upgrade crashes every time.

Shinkonnakami

Estimable
Aug 18, 2015
Sound Blaster Recon3D Omega Wireless headset is not supported on Windows 10 so if you have upgraded to it may want to revert to the previous windows, the Created windows 10 Chart shows should be supported sometime August 2015 http://support.creative.com/kb/ShowArticle.aspx?sid=126331&h=13a. As for the problem with having to firware flash it everyday. i have the same headset and the same problem, easiest solution that works, if you turn your PC off disconnect the Recon USB power. when you turn you system back in and windows has loaded plug it back it, Works everytime doing that. seams to have a problem when powering on with the mainboard.other then that great headset. Hope this Helps