Solved! Sound is distorted/words sharpened.

Dec 7, 2020
I've had this computer since about October, I had it built by my local repairman since I am unsure how to do it myself, but ever since it was built it has had weird sound issues. The issues are apparent more on things like discord, facebook, twitter and all that but it has been a constant ever since I've had it.

The issue carries through 2 seperate speakers, I bought an external sound card to try to see if that would fix it and it didn't, and it carries over through my monitor with the HDMI connection.

I know it's not just me since I never experienced this distortion on my older pcs. But it has made my fun on this thing alot more limited. Does anyone have any ideas of what it could be?

I heard the possibility of it being the motherboard, which would explain some stuttering issues I've had with the pc in regards to certain apps and browsing the internet as well, but I'd like to know what professionals think.

Solution
First thing is we need the full specs on the system, and what this sound card you bought was. The fact that it happens on every audio output including HDMI which goes though the video card points to an issue with the operating system. I would try a clean OS setup and make sure the correct drivers are installed. Whoever built it may have used some driver utility that messed things up.
First thing is we need the full specs on the system, and what this sound card you bought was. The fact that it happens on every audio output including HDMI which goes though the video card points to an issue with the operating system. I would try a clean OS setup and make sure the correct drivers are installed. Whoever built it may have used some driver utility that messed things up.

Solution
Dec 7, 2020
Ahh yes, forgot to post my build, realized it just as I got your notification. https://pcpartpicker.com/list/2PWJCL
Here it is.

Since I've gotten the PC I've refreshed with a brand new Windows 10 OS several times with a code a friend gave me and the issue has persisted through them all as well