Sound issues with sound card and headphone

litaidd

Prominent
Nov 21, 2017
Trying to figure out what is going on with my sound card/ headphones. I recently switched over to a gaming headset. I had a really good studio quality headset before that I think was around $500 when I worked with audio files. But now I mostly just game on my computer so this time around I just bought the $140 Game one headset. I have several other headsets that I tested and it only happens when I use this specific one. I actually originally bought this headset back in may of this year and it had the same issue so I returned it. Since then I have upgraded my system, all new motherboard and cpu and that so I know it isn't something related to my system. So I decided to buy them again and I noticed that same thing is happening. I tried replacing them again and I got the same issue. The sound is really distorted and when it very first starts it's like it sets my volume to 100% and with my sound card it gets really loud and it just screams in my ears. The only way that I have been able to fix this is by disabling 7.1 surround sound in the sound blaster program, and or restarting my computer. I did the driver thing and that and it still does the same thing. So it seems like it's linked to 7.1 surround sound. I really want surround sound and I don't think it's acceptable to just have it disabled on a $150 sound card and a higher end gaming headset. So I'm just looking for someone that really knows a lot about headphones and sound cards and stuff like that. Any questions that ask stuff that I have already stated that I have done will just be ignored.