Sound Quality Problems

BryzaRose97

Estimable
Aug 20, 2014
So I have a $300 HP laptop. I didn't expect it to be super fancy (although $300 is a good chunk of money, but I know if I wanted something perfect I would have to get an Apple laptop or something, but I don't need perfect right now) but the sound quality is TERRIBLE. Like it breaks up and is crackly. I have a pretty huge tolerance for flaws like this in laptops, but this drives me CRAZY. It was so bad that when I touched my laptop while listening to music on it, the song crackled to the point where it wasn't even really playing a song anymore. I don't know what to do. I'm willing to spend some money if there is a way to fix it, I just need some help. Thanks!

Solution
What's the model number? You might go into sound properties and make sure the internal microphone isn't on. A lot of times it's on by default and will create a feedback loop that distorts the sound coming out of the speakers. You should be able to go into sound properties and make some adjustments starting there. Also check the sound quality settings and maybe adjust up or down depending on where it's set now until you're happy. You can get there by either right clicking the speaker icon in the taskbar and selecting recording devices or playback devices, depending on what you want to change. Or you can go into control panel and open the sound category and go from there. If that doesn't work, give me the model and I'll help you out...
What's the model number? You might go into sound properties and make sure the internal microphone isn't on. A lot of times it's on by default and will create a feedback loop that distorts the sound coming out of the speakers. You should be able to go into sound properties and make some adjustments starting there. Also check the sound quality settings and maybe adjust up or down depending on where it's set now until you're happy. You can get there by either right clicking the speaker icon in the taskbar and selecting recording devices or playback devices, depending on what you want to change. Or you can go into control panel and open the sound category and go from there. If that doesn't work, give me the model and I'll help you out tomorrow but I've gotta crash now, it's 2am here.

Solution