Speaker Hub Name

B0rTz1

Estimable
Jan 18, 2015
Hi. I've had a problem with my speakers for a while. There's a constant static noise that when the volume is turned higher, is also accompanied by what sounds like interference.

Here comes the weirder part. My speakers are plugged into a "speaker". This box controls the volume of the speakers, if they're on or off, it has a DVD reader, radio, USB ports. My question is, what is the name of this component speakers are plugged into? This box also has an output for headphones, so I plugged them in and the static noise is present even through the headphones, so I think I have to replace this box, but the problem is that I can't find anywhere what this thing is called.

The box that I'm talking about is the one in the middle.

aF13fOw.png

Solution
That is a mini system and the center component is the source preamplifier and power amplifier in one box.
They don't sell replacements for it. Cheaper to just buy a new mini system since the speakers are the cheapest part of it.
You could use the speakers with a mini amp and connect that to any analog audio output (phone or pc).

k1114

Distinguished
That's a stereo system not a speaker set. Speakers plug into an amplifier but that's not just an amp since it's a stereo. I can't find an english manual but I think it says consists of CA-UXG46 and SP-UXG46. Ca is component amp? and sp for speakers. You typically don't find stereo parts separate especially nowadays.

That is a mini system and the center component is the source preamplifier and power amplifier in one box.
They don't sell replacements for it. Cheaper to just buy a new mini system since the speakers are the cheapest part of it.
You could use the speakers with a mini amp and connect that to any analog audio output (phone or pc).

Solution