Khey26

Prominent
Apr 15, 2017
Good day! I hope somebody can help me with this one. I know it's a very simple problem but i really dont have an idea on this so please help me out. I have a samsung tv but doesn't have audio output for my speaker. I have a speaker with usb and other audio port. I used a hard drive plug in to the tv for my movie videos. I wanted to use my speaker for the t.v for a better sound but then again because it does not have audio output sounds still comes out to the tv. What is the proper cable do i need to used so i can use my speaker to the t.v...

Solution

1. Headphone Out - easiest.
2. Toslink out - need an inexpensive Toslink-to-RCA converter, assuming these are ACTIVE speakers.

TV USB port don't do audio.

This was mainly an audio question, then you throw in Hard Drive, so I hope this hard drive already works the way u envision. Not all TV can talk to hard drive AND able to deal with all formats.
What model is your Samsung TV?

I would expect at least a 3.5mm (1/8") stereo out port for headphones. May or may not need to select that port via the TV's menu screens.

Then, instead of headphones, you plug the speaker's plug into that port. You may need some adapter like this one:

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAAZM45N7261&ignorebbr=1&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleMKP-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleMKP-PC-_-pla-_-Car+Amplifier+%26+Speaker+Installation-_-9SIAAZM45N7261&gclid=CK-GjKvLptMCFdyEswodurkKmw&gclsrc=aw.ds

1. Headphone Out - easiest.
2. Toslink out - need an inexpensive Toslink-to-RCA converter, assuming these are ACTIVE speakers.

TV USB port don't do audio.

This was mainly an audio question, then you throw in Hard Drive, so I hope this hard drive already works the way u envision. Not all TV can talk to hard drive AND able to deal with all formats.

Solution