Speakers/headphones issue with playback

Kronenbouget

Estimable
Jul 6, 2014
Hello community, this time with a audio conundrum!

So I never plugged my hearphones in my computer before, I did it yesterday, and had no sound at all. However, after almost digging a hole in Google, I got them working.

But, the thing is that if the headphones are the default device. If I unplug them the sound won't come out of the speakers, no sound at all until I plug the headphones back in. Also if I put the default device as the speakers, plugging the headphones gives me no sound in the headphones but I can still hear from the speakers.

What I'm trying to achieve here is to when I plug in my hearphones, stop speakers and only hearphones, and when I unplug the hearphones, hear from the speakers, automatically

My motherboard is a GIGABYTE Z87X-UD3H and my OS is Win7 64 Home Ultimate

Thanks!

where are you plugging your headphones into?

front audio jack? rear jack? jack on speakers?

are you using the newest audio drivers?

if you want your speakers to be default and the headphones to take over when you plug them in then the speakers must be set to the default audio device while the headphones are unplugged. then when you plug headphones in they should be the default since this is how windows has it set to work.

Kronenbouget

Estimable
Jul 6, 2014

The speakers are in the rear audio jack, and I'm plugging the headphones on the front one.

I'm ASSUMING I have the lastest drivers, here is what I got:

2m761Qe.png

And the speakers are the default device, however when I plug in the headphones there is no sound in them unless I select them as the default device. Seems weird to me!

are you setting them to the default audio device in the "windows" audio playback devices or using the realtek hd?

also... perhaps you can try unplugging both devices, and then doing as this thread states... plugging one in, letting the realtek window come up and specifying a device. http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/177807-realtek-audio-not-detecting-speakers-headphones.html

provided you are doing everything right... it sounds strange to me as well. you might want to completely uninstall your sound drivers and redownload them and install them after a system reboot. that might fix any bugs.

i cant read that photo as my spanish is too rusty. hablar englais por favor :p

Kronenbouget

Estimable
Jul 6, 2014

Actually if I change it on whatever interface it does change on the other as well, I don't know if that is of matter at all.

I'll try what the thread specificies and come back with another reply. However, I posted the pic because I saw another UI on the Realtek Sound, just the one that you posted, because it's differente than mine. I don't know which one is newer, I got mine from the Realtek website. And I do englando~! A lot! hahaha

EDIT:

So I did it and got nothing, lol

I don't know what to do! halp

Kronenbouget

Estimable
Jul 6, 2014

Er, actually my speakers are in my monitor but they do have their own lime 3.5mm jack, it's a HP 2310m

I'm getting on the driver and comin' back with a reply.

EDIT:

So I did it, also got nothing, halp

oh. you were trying to tell me that the computer monitor speakers had their own green 3.5mm cable and plugged into the computer. i thought you were saying that the monitor itself had a 3.5mm jack on it for headphones. a bit of miscommunication there i suppose.

the green audio jack is typically only for left/right front speakers. you should get sound perfectly fine from this (and it seems like you are). if you have them set to rears you likely will not get sound out since A) most computer sound is stereo only (front only) and B) your soundcard may not be able to output rear signals to the front jack (not sure why you would want to???)

if green set to front in your realtek software gives you left and right speaker sound... you likely had it correct and need to leave it alone. also, be sure you are set to 2.0 (stereo) sound in your settings. if you have it set to 5.1 or other setting you will have complications.

now, with that working... does your system recognize when you plug in headphones now or not?

Kronenbouget

Estimable
Jul 6, 2014

They actually don't recognize them as soon as I plug 'em in...

Kronenbouget

Estimable
Jul 6, 2014

It does recognize them, my case is a Acteck G-8400, if that matters in some way

but it doesnt recognize if you have your monitor speakers plugged in.....

that certainly is a bit strange

sorry, i dont have any other ideas other than:

-live with switching default audio devices manually
-get a soundcard with front panel audio connector.
-try a $8 usb headphone soundcard and plug that in whenever you use your headphones.

Kronenbouget

Estimable
Jul 6, 2014

So sad u_u

TRENDING THREADS