Speakers "Not Plugged In"

linneh

Commendable
Apr 29, 2016
My computer was working fine for who knows how many years now, but today I logged in and I couldn't hear a thing.
No audio comes out. I thought it was my speakers at first but connecting my headphones also didn't work.
I uninstalled the Realtek Driver, Reinstalled it, tried to use the default windows driver, nothing.
Then I noticed that the computer was saying my speaker wasn't plugged in at all. I tried unplugging it and plugging it again, nothing happened.
I've already tried messing with the playback devices and the Realtek settings, looked for driver updates, nothing worked.
The only thing I've done recently was installing a wireless dpi card, which i then changed for a USB one, that stopped working at the same time than the speakers. The usb was connected at my rear panel, near the audio jacks.
Since then I reinstalled the dpi card.

I'm using Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Intel Core i3-3240 CPU @3.40GHz
8GB RAM
AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series

I have two Sound 'devices':
AMD High Definition Audio Device
Realtek High Definition Audio

I only have a rear panel Audio Jack.
I only have an onboard sound card.

Since I've tried doing all the 'solutions' I could find, I'm thinking it may actually be a hardware problem, but it'll take a long while for me go get a sound card, so maybe there's something I can still try?

Hellfire13

Respectable
Apr 20, 2016
on starting the computer continuously tap d BIOS key to get into BIOS...
the BIOS key might be different depending on brands but usually it is between F1 to F9...for eg, on my system it is F2...if i continously press F2 , i can get into BIOS...for ur system it might be diffrent but u have to find it out...
once u get into BIOS navigate d menus to get to d audio settings...the location of tht setting is also different in different systems...
once u get thr, check whether ur integrated audio is enabled or ur dedicated one...and tweak d settings accordingly...

perhaps if u give me d full name of d motherboard and audio card, i can help u more...

linneh

Commendable
Apr 29, 2016
As I stated before, i don't have an external audio card?
My motherboeard is an ASUS P8H61-M LE R2.0
I couldn't find anything like dedicated/integrated audio settings in my BIOS.

audie-tron25

Estimable
Mar 23, 2015
Realtek should be set as your default audio device in "Control Panel", I have no clue what the AMD Audio Device is about. I'm not sure what the problem is but I think that getting a sound card/USB Audio device might be the way to go since you've done about as much as you can.

You mentioned that it would take you a while to get a sound-card. Is this because of shipping or something else? As far as pricing goes, they're cheap as chips and even the cheap ones are pretty high quality.

Hellfire13

Respectable
Apr 20, 2016
ur audio driver seems to be corrupted to me...
d dpi driver must have clashed with audio driver rendering both useless...

try this...
uninstall ur audio drivers altogether...
go to ur mobo website and update the bios first and then the latest audio driver specified there...

Ruggo181

Commendable
Apr 17, 2016
I'm thinking more along the lines that the audio jack on your motherboard is not working, as your onboard audio is showing up in windows as a device and you've uneneabled/enabled your onboard sound as primary device. For reference the AMD HD audio is the HDMI audio from your video card.

Just to be totally sure that your speaker jack is not working, try downloading a copy of linux and creating a bootable version on CD or USB flash drive and see if you get sound from that. http://www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop (you won't be installing linux, just running it from the media)

If you do get sound from linux then there must be a software problem, that rolling back windows to an earlier restore date may fix.

linneh

Commendable
Apr 29, 2016
@audie-tron: yes, its because of shipping/not being able to go to the store/not having any money at the moment. xD
@hellfire: I'll try that.
@Ruggo181: thanks, I'll try that!

Rick45

Estimable
Jul 13, 2015

Hi,
I has this happen with my HP Envy,
After searching some one said go to device manager and UNINSTALL ALL the drivers in the AUDIO box, restart Computer and it will automatically reinstall the best drivers for everything in the Audio, this solved all my sound problems.