Speakers not Working

Sovereign93

Estimable
Nov 15, 2014
Hello community

I am hoping to get some assistance or tips on a problem I am having. I will try to describe my issue effectively and detailed as much as possible.

So here is the problem, I am running a 5.1 audio setup and they are good speakers and all work (I know this because it gets weird) but a few weeks ago I got an error telling me that my audio service stopped working, then it resumed.

All fine and dandy until I jumped from Headset to 5.1 and the speakers at the front didn't work, yet the rest do. This wouldn't be so bad if some of the things I use didn't just turn from 5.1 to stereo so most of the time no sound.

Then (This is the weird part) I tried playing videos and music from multiple sources, nothing but THEN I played "Fear the walking dead" and it played, perfectly. I thought it fixed until I tried "South Park" and it didn't work. Different players, to same players it just didn't work.

So far I have reinstalled the audio drivers but I have no luck. If anyone can offer me some advice I would greatly appreciate it. I really don't want to have to reinstall windows to try nail this thing. Thank you for reading my problem.

p.s On "configure" on audio settings to test each individual speaker, the front speakers don't work. Just on this video. Makes little sense to me.

Sovereign93

Estimable
Nov 15, 2014

Sadly this cannot be done. I don't think I can even go back that far but that isn't the point for me. The amount of changes my system has went through since then, I'm looking to see if anyone has come across something like this before. Doing a restore that far would be a little useless when I could just restore the whole system to factory default. Though I hope to avoid this :/

Thank you for a quick reply