Speakers that "are loud"

darkyei

Honorable
Oct 2, 2013
Hello to you all and thank you for your time in advance.

I am writing this post because I need your help to pick equipment to see if I can finally solve this problem.

My father wants a pair of speakers. The only requirement : for them to be loud.

He is literally driving me crazy because every purchase that I've made so far is never good enough for his "requirements" and the reason I am posting it is because I am looking for the best combo I can get to produce "loud" music.

It does not need to be necessarily a pair of speakers only but the combo itself that produces the best sound for the price (it can be amplifier plus speakers for example).

The last purchase that I made is BTP650 6.5" , but again , it is not enough for him.

He will be using his laptop and YouTube to find and play the music.

Budget : $0-$350

I appreciate your help.

Solution
It is a question of outdoor rated vs indoor only speakers. Permanently mounted outdoors would REQUIRE outdoor rated. Temporary use maybe not. Klipsch speakers are some of the most sensitive speakers. But $350 won't buy much with speaker and an amp. Your best bet is probably used audio equipment on E-Bay. Get good amp (Carver, B&K, NAD) and a set of Klipsch outdoor rated speakers. Speaker volume is related to speaker size and sensitivity. Used PA equipment at on E-Bay or pawn shop is another option.

darkyei

Honorable
Oct 2, 2013

It does not really matter. We will be using it weekends so it does not need to be permanently mounted. In terms of connectivity , they do not need to be bluetooth , they can be wired as well. The only requirement in terms of connectivity is that we need to be able to connect them to a laptop.

kanewolf

Judicious
It is a question of outdoor rated vs indoor only speakers. Permanently mounted outdoors would REQUIRE outdoor rated. Temporary use maybe not. Klipsch speakers are some of the most sensitive speakers. But $350 won't buy much with speaker and an amp. Your best bet is probably used audio equipment on E-Bay. Get good amp (Carver, B&K, NAD) and a set of Klipsch outdoor rated speakers. Speaker volume is related to speaker size and sensitivity. Used PA equipment at on E-Bay or pawn shop is another option.

Solution

darkyei

Honorable
Oct 2, 2013

I am looking into a Klipsch R-28F . Do you think that's good enough? Also , do you think that 1xKlipsch R-28F would be better than the BTP650 that I already own?

darkyei

Honorable
Oct 2, 2013

It would be covered so the non-waterproof is not a problem.

Can you recommend me any amp?

Shuhad22

Commendable
Sep 19, 2016
Hi friends
I would like to share something regarding the topics. I recommended headphone to use because it is very good for people. Sometime it's really bring very good things. So you can use headphone.