Special Glasses Forces Gamers to Blink

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Micropat

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2009
What if you need normal glasses. Can these blinkers go on over them. The picture above seems to suggest not but I can't be sure.

nekatreven

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2007
I figure their business model isn't really based on direct sale to consumers. These are more intended for when your overzealous government decides gaming is bad.

1. Duct tape to head.
2. Attach anti-tamper trip mine.

Swivelguy

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2009
Gee, thanks, Tom's Hardware. Now I'm going to be extremely conscious of my BLINKING of all things for probably MONTHS until I forget all about this stupid gizmo.

RADIO_ACTIVE

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]invlem[/nom]Screw gaming, I spend 8 hours a day infront of a computer screen at work, I think companies would find more use for devices such as this than gamers. Reduce eyestrain for the employees.[/citation]
Agreed, I spend 8 hours a day at work in front of sceen under florecent lights looking at mostly a whight screen. At least when gaming the colors change and scenery does as well. I would consider this for work as well.

antilycus

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2006
I think its a good idea. The glacoma tests are too evasive on teh brain. This is the best passive agressive approach on new technology I've seen to date. When I play forza my eyes start to hurt because I dont blink while driving.

Timodge

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2008
We must remember these glasses are to STOP PEOPLE GETTING EYE STRAIN. If you don't get eye strain, then you have no need to get them. They're not there for gamers, just because you're a gamer and play a lot. They've been made to stop eye strain.

I get very mild eye strain when working at my computer every now and then and I can put up with it. However, I know that Guitar Hero kills my eyes after an hour or so. If I had to play that for 8 hours a day and had real eye strain I'd consider buying such a device.

agentbb007

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2006
Wow this is good to know. I had no idea you should be blinking every 5 seconds while at your computer. While typing this message I'm blinking like a mad man. Could blinking too much cause some issues?

compulsionnra

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2009
Sadly I focus this much on a computer screen whether with games or at work. These would benefit me if I didn't already have glasses.

Status
Not open for further replies.