Solved! Specs to handle Zoom meetings and use virtual backgrounds without a green screen

Aug 10, 2020
I hope this is the right place to post this question!

I have an Asus VivoBook F510QA-WB91 laptop. It has an AMD Quad-Core A12-9720P APU (2.7 GHz) with integrated Radeon R7 graphics.

I am running Windows 10 and Zoom version 5.2.

According to this page, it looks like I don't quite have the specs to run virtual backgrounds correctly (which seems off; I'm not an expert, but I believe my specs are robust enough to handle them).

When I uncheck the box to forego the green screen, the message indicates my hardware is insufficient.

Is there any way around this? Or should I just go get the green screen?

Thanks.

Solution

I have an Asus VivoBook F510QA-WB91 laptop. It has an AMD Quad-Core A12-9720P APU (2.7 GHz) with integrated Radeon R7 graphics.

According to this page, it looks like I don't quite have the specs to run virtual backgrounds correctly (which seems off; I'm not an expert, but I believe my specs are robust enough to handle them).

When I uncheck the box to forego the green screen, the message indicates my hardware is insufficient.

Thanks.
You don't have an AMD - Ryzen 5/7/9 or higher (from their specs). However, it does seem odd that your current rig...

COLGeek

Cybernaut

Thanks.
You don't have an AMD - Ryzen 5/7/9 or higher (from their specs). However, it does seem odd that your current rig can't support this feature. Zoom must be rather picky (more than I would have thought) regarding hardware requirements.

Solution