Solved! Speed Slow from any place on Laptop alone

selva2k25

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2014
Hi Guys,

I have a dell laptop which shows very less speed when checked and this was compared to both my Android and Apple phones both showing much greater speeds.
My Dell Laptop is Dell Inspiron 15 3576.
Details for the Network Adapters are as below :

SSID: SSIDName
Protocol: Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac)
Security type: WPA2-Personal
Manufacturer: Qualcomm Communications Inc.
Description: Qualcomm QCA9377 802.11ac Wireless Adapter
Driver version: 12.0.0.1118
Network band: 5 GHz
Network channel: 157
Link speed (Receive/Transmit): 433/433 (Mbps)

Please assist and help regarding the same.
Thanks,
Selva.

Solution
So you mean Internet speeds, not the speed of the device.
The Dell Inspiron 15 3576 is a low-end laptop. Therefore all of the factors that contribute to this are probably of lesser quality.
The things I know of that you can try are as follows:
-Disconnect other devices from your router and see if the speed changes on your laptop. If so, the router probably just can't handle it.
-Update the drivers on your wireless network card via support.dell.com .
  • Upgrade your wireless network card (But that is probably not worth it on this laptop)
  • Make sure it isn't the laptop itself slowing the Internet speeds down - Meaning too many other processes that just make the laptop work more slowly altogether.
  • Check your network speeds on...

mrmike16

Honorable
So you mean Internet speeds, not the speed of the device.
The Dell Inspiron 15 3576 is a low-end laptop. Therefore all of the factors that contribute to this are probably of lesser quality.
The things I know of that you can try are as follows:
-Disconnect other devices from your router and see if the speed changes on your laptop. If so, the router probably just can't handle it.
-Update the drivers on your wireless network card via support.dell.com .
  • Upgrade your wireless network card (But that is probably not worth it on this laptop)
  • Make sure it isn't the laptop itself slowing the Internet speeds down - Meaning too many other processes that just make the laptop work more slowly altogether.
  • Check your network speeds on speedtest.net or something similar on your laptop and then your phones (Not at the same time).
- Use a static IP Address to make sure there are no conflicts between your laptop and phones (Although to me this is unlikely).

Solution